Help in buying a new boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Becker

Reaction score
I am planning to buy a new boat in the spring and have narrowed it down to four. They are: Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW with a 75 HP, Tracker Pro Team 190 TX with a 135 HP, Nitro 750 with a 135 HP, and Nitro Z6 with a 115 HP. All are very close in price the way I want to set them up,so that is not the issue. Any pros and cons that I may not be aware of ? Any input or actual experience would be appreciated. I currently have a 1998 700 LX with a 125 HP. Thanks.

A lot will depend on your needs. If you're in bigger open water most of the time, you'll want something heavier with sufficient power like a glass boat. If you're on rivers or lakes, tin is more versatile. For me, I prefer tin due to the lighter tow weights, easier handling and more forgiving nature for the occasional banging against docks, rocks, stumps and shallower water. I think you are on the right track, though, in picking rigs with the max HP.

Beck - I would first think why you are replacign the 700lx 125hp. If it is because the boat isn't big enough, fast enough or wide enough, I don't think any of the "new" boats are a much better choice, except maybe the 190 TX. If its because you want a new boat, but the 17 ft 50+ mph boat is good for the water you fish, then its a choice I'd think of the 190 TX for a different size/Tin boat but your 700lx will be faster, i'd say the 750 135hp would be a mph-2 faster then the 700lx and just a hair wider/longer.

I would maybe think about a 1-2 yearold boat that is maybe 18ft 150 or something like that.

Good deal to anytime be able to get a new boat!!

Trep, I love the 700 LX. I have always prefered boats in the 17-18 ft. range. It is perfect for me, fits in my garage, easy to tow,looks very good, speed is good, fish alone most of the time so it is big enough, just thinking I "need" a new boat. I have had it since 1998 and have the bug for a new one. I know it does not make sense, but to me neither does working 5 days and having off 2 days. Need a reason to go to work I guess.

Beck...

Don't eliminate the TV-18 from your list...

VERY versatile...

speaking from experience...LOL

az

Get the BIGGEST and MOST HP you can afford.............in 2 years you're going to want another BIGGER & FASTER one anyway......so get use to that trend!!;)

I know the "just thinking I "need" a new boat."!! Thats how I ended up with the 700lx when my PC 175 was only 5 years old!! Luckily I was able to pay cash for the 700lx, so while its sitting on blocks in GA it isn't costing me a dime!!

Just make sure you pay cash if you do get a new one, no reason to pay the bank interest if ya don't have too!!

If I was getting a new one, and like you towing and size were in the mix, I might get the 190TX as there are rivers near me (back home) that I won't take my Nitro in but had no issue with my Tracker. Garage size I never have to worry about, I haven't yet seen a bass boat on a trailer that was longer then 40ft!!! LOL One good thing about a custom garage bought from a guy who restored classic cars!!!

Latest posts

Back