Hard catching on Saturday!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Fished our first local club tourney this past Saturday. Weather cooperated with no rain, and it actually got up to around 64-65 degrees in the afternoon (started out around 45).

However, the water temp remained around 45-46 degrees all day. Once, late in the day, I found a small rock point that made it up to 49 degrees with broken clouds.

Unfortunately though, we never found any fish. Fished deep, shallow, medimum, etc. Total was 8 boats with 17 anglers. First was one bass at 3.6 lbs (won both individual and team); second was two fish at about 2.4 lbs (total); and third was one at about a pound. Several others reported catching one or two short fish.

Me, the only thing I caught was a gizzard shad about a lb and a half. Needless to say, I left it in the lake!

Coming back here in 3 weeks for the 2nd. SC Federation tourney. Hope that the water gets into the 52-54 degree range by then and the water comes up some.

Tex

We held our clubs first fund raising Ice Derby. We had 108 people who fished from 8Am to 3PM. Water was clear with 21 inches of ice on it. Water temp ranged from 39 at the bottom to 33 at the surface. Air temp started off at -2F and reached a high of 17F. First place was a 4.80 pound pickeral with second place being a 4.51 pound smallmouth.

21 inches of ice and 21 inches of snow yesterday. I just had to post the ice derby thing. I fear it will be a long time yet before the boat gets to float on "soft" water.

Still, nice fish weighed in. Don't know that I want to try that Ice Fishing. If I can't get a 3/4oz weight to punch through . . . .

Latest posts

Back