Greg Meyer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
Greg,

Still having some strange Svchost.exe problems.

i can operate in safe-mode and still run most of my programs. But i need to get rid of this latest Virus.

I have down loaded and run Spybot, Malware bites and Norton. Nothing seems to find and quarantine this virus.

I have done a bit of research on google and found that there are a 100 differant ways to try and get rid of this, but i feel they are the same people who create this crap in the first place.

Do you have any other ideas for me to try or am i screwed?

GregD

Okay... here is an idea for you... Go to Trendmicro.com Locate and download a program called HiJackThis Run that program and email me the results. I will analyze the report/log and get back to you with some suggestions.

Also, start up in safe mode with networking and use your browser and go to trendmicro.com and run "Housecall"...

Also, if you are running XP go to mycomputer and right mouse click... select properties then select the system restore tab... turn off system restore and run all the scans. Nasty fact that some programs that are malware like to sit there and run from that location.

Great, I will perform all of the above Friday morn when i return to the office.

Thanks!!!

GregD

Hello,

Not trying to intrude, but it sounds like the virus is running in the background that is why you can only do things in safe mode. You may need to look up RKILL and download it to a removeable disc on another computer then transfer the file to your computer. This thing wont let you download any fixes either because it is always running. You need to kill it or shut it off. Then you can follow instructions to remove it. Hope this helps, had to do the same thing is all.

Back