Great Day back to basics....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Fished Lake Geneva Wisconsin Sat and Sun... Saturday got out at noon and fished till 3:30pm and Sun from 6:30am to 3:00pm.... Saturday with my 20 (20yrs old) fishing for dinner... Took home 6 very nice BIG jumbo yellow perch (one of our favorites)...biggest was 13 1/2" the smallest keep was 11".... Sunday, a friend and I fished for Bass till around 10:30 and then went for Perch...same story...brough home 6 big ones the biggest actually made 14"... Every year at this time in the dozens of 5-8" perch you can catch you can glean out a few of these giant ones... They we were...two had core Bass fisherman standing on the deck of Corey's very nice Nitro 882 anchored over a fish crib...slip bobbers and minnows...having a ball... the big ones were fun... the three and four inch ones just as much fun...laughiung at our skill to catch the lunkers! After a personaly disaapointing season (in terms of results) it was good to get baclk to basics...fishing for dinner and having fun with family and friends... Ten bucks on Sunday...$3 for minnows...$3 for a styrofoam minnow bucket...$4 for slip bobbers, and stops (didn't intend to do that so left the live bait gear at home)... put into to focus the big picture. $30,000 boats... $200 rod/reels... three bags of tackle... $500 rain gear... all take second place to fun with family and friends... Don't ever forget...it all just supposed to be fun.

There you go Greg, that's what it's all about.

When I get home tonight I'll crack open a beer and make a toast "Here's to Family, goood friends and LIVE BAIT" LOL

Marke

Good point Mac!

They're laying off 100 people here in the next two weeks...

This will be the third time I've gone through this in my 18+ years here...

az

Only 3 times in 18 yrs? That's not bad. In Telecom I've seen it 3 times / year for the last 2 years.

Yikes!

Never fun...no matter how often...

Last time it was done strictly based on performance...

Poor performers were let go...

This time it is in areas where Management thinks we have duplication...so even good people may be dismissed...

az

Only 3 times in 2 years, 3 years ago I was with GTE/Verizon wiress first year of the merger and there was a layoff every quarter!!! I'm happy that IBM has done them but has missed my department!

Ok guys, this is depressing. Let's not rain on Greg's perade. Can we get back to beer, friends and tasty fishies?

Marke

Marke,..you going up to Camp Neeley this weekend??? May need you to go fishing with Mini,....I want to hunt!!

Will be taking my boat if it's ready by thursday night!

Otherwise we'll be taking Tom's 929.....but we need 'gills/ crappie and perch to go in the skillet!! Even a good smallie or two cannot escape the filet knife at Camp Neeley when there's 10 hungry dude's and a wild game and fish dinner in our immediate futures....a man has GOT to know his limitations....that's why we'd only sacrifice 2 or so smallies to the Camp God's....perch and crappie rule!! Some of us will hunt...Mini will deffinetely go fishing...and we'll ALL go to the dry lake bed for target practice...it's a weekend you won't forget!!..LOL..

Mac

If I didn't have family coming into town this Friday, I'd have been there with ya! I would have even cleaned the fish!!!

az

Bummer,....would've loved to have you there too....it get's brutal though....insults and put downs are part of the daily agenda!! "Camp" is not for the thin skinned,..be prepaired Marke.....someon's liable to tell you that you "talk funny".....LOL!!

Marke - If your too BUSY selling 929's and figuring how to spend those commission checks, feel free to e-mail me a Ticket up and i'll HAPPILY go fishing with Mini!!!

Mac,

Don't forget....we're gonna have duck breasts, bluegill, and Caribou loins also!!!

That does it!!!!...I'm taking friday off!!!! LOL Can't get'nuff o'dat "Camp Neeley!!" We'll be up Thursday pm!!

mac

Ken - Soo, did Marke sell enough to ship me up this weekend or do I have to hide inside a box and Fed Ex myself to the Auburn Hills store on Thursday night??? AH MAN, I wanna go too!!!

Mac,

I'll definately be there to catch some dinner. I've already been told that I talk funny and I'm sure I can take anything you guys have to dish out.

Trep, come on up anyway. Tom's 929 is a big a rig. I'm sure even with Mini and myself we could find room for an extra 100#'s....LOL

Marke

Come on up Trep...start driving, I'll even kick in for gas money.

Where IS Camp Neeley? Man this week stinks at work and i'd LOVE to join! Make sure you take pictures! Pictures of the fish and hunting dudes, NOT Ken in his Neon tights!!

That's a scary thought, isn't it Trep?

Neeley running around in a cabin full of guys in something called a "jump suit"...

s-c-a-r-y

LOL

az

Hey Trep,

In case you didn't know, there are never pics taken at Camp, except for dead wild game and fish. Also, everything seen and heard at Camp, stays at Camp!! It's all part of the tradition!

Bob G.

Trep,

My place is 2 hours north of Detroit...I'm serious, drive up here...it will be worth it. I'm heading up Thursday afternoon and will be there through Sunday.

Bob, Ken and gang - check my reply to Hey Trep, if you guys were in Kentucky or somewhere close but Detroit is a HAUL from north Georgia!

Andy - Yup, not gonna touch that one!!

Agreed Greg, we had a great time trying to sift through the tiny Perch for the Jumbos! I don't think I have ever had so many 5 inch fish in my boat in one day! Anyway, love the Bass but that was a much needed day of just sitting back and catching fish the easy way....got my largest Perch ever so that made it that much better.

Corey

Latest posts

Back