Back from Gville - Need a hot tub and sleep!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Guys - Eli and I just got back from our first 'Man's Weekend' Fishing on Lake Guntersville. MAN what a great time we had together. We didn't find the numbers, but almost every fish (except 2) were keepers (15 inch minimum) and a lot of 16-18 inch fish between us, biggest was 4lbs. We caught them Fri afternoon, Saturday and Sunday. Eli got his first TX rigged fish (more then 1) since he's only fished Shakeyhead and CR rigged worms in the past - 11 inch Yum paddleworms! He lost 1 really good fish, that snapped his 50lb braided line yesterday AM (must have had a bad nick in the line), but it was a GREAT trip! We are not used to 2-4lb fish as "average"!!! I could write a book about our trip, the fun, the topics and discussion, as well as the catches and netting we did, but these pictures and his smiles say it all! He wants me to call tomorrow to book a Spring weekend so he can get a better shot as some "HUGE LM in the spring"!!!

Weather was great, except for a short storm Friday evening (We caught keepers in the first 30 mins on Friday before the storm on crankbaits). Sat he was up at 4:40am with me to get the boat launched before 5am. And we slept in till 6AM this morning, before hitting it again before driving home this afternoon.

He slept most of the way back, and I need a soak in the hot tub (my back isn't what it used to be!! LOL).

2010 July 16 Eli Gville Bass1 for web.jpg

2010 July 17 Gville Eli bass for web.jpg

2010 July 18 Gville Eli bass for web.jpg

Oh and Dad boated a few too!! LOL I killed them on the DT22, and they hit like a FREIGHT train (as a friend had said they would).

2010 July 17 Gville Mike Bass for web.jpg

2010 July 18 Gville Mike fish for web.jpg

Michael...

Get one of those "walmart" employee back belts... It is amazing what it does for your back in the boat... I use one when trolling rough water and my back feels like it is only 40 yrs old...LOL:lol::lol::lol:

Glad you guys had a great time... You are making very important memories. I have the ones from my youth and beyond with my Dad and then eventually my kids. Now they have theirs and I am making more with the grandkids. Just went to Bass Pro with my two grandkids today to get ready for a week in Wisconsin... new pole for the granddaughter and life jacket.

Really great weekend story! Andrew and I need more of those. Thanks for sharing!

You are creating a monster!! A good monster!! It is so nice to see Eli taking to the sport. You 2 will have something that is very special.

TOXIC

Trep - you're too young to be having back problems already. Must be from fighting all those fish :D Great report. Glad to see you and Eli had a blast!!

Very, very nice. Tell my best buddy that he is really doing well! Can't wait till I can find the time so that we can plan that trip we've been talking about.

Tex

Trep great pics.

Is your trolling motor pedal recessed? If you're on it a lot, or for several days in a row and it is not recessed it can cause pain.

Randy!

Trep, the memories you are creating for your son will go a long way some day. So glad you had a good trip and caught some lunkers! I can totally related to the back issues. I got slammed on Kentucky Lake this weekend and could barely get out of bed on Sunday.

Get the kid a new life jacket without the "C" word on it!

Other than that....nice work!

Man...even Trep has a better life jacket than me. I just won't part with the money for the ole Mustang.

Teri - Don't know if you are an Amazon.com shopper, Beka picked that one 2 December's ago for $69 on clearance!! And yes it works!!! LOL

Dang, $69 is a steal especially if it's automatic. I can't see getting the manual and depending on myself to pull the cord. I think I might ask Santa to bring me one.

Looks like a great trip, he will remember this the rest of his life.

Teri BPS ran the auto's on sale for 79, watch and you should be able to get one. They really are comfortable.

Berry - I just have to wait like 10 years for Eli to hit 90lbs so he can get one! I know Mac doesn't like the "C" word on his 'cooler' jacket, we found it to help him in the heat, he wants an auto like mine but he's only 60lbs! If he's like me, he won't hit 90 till Highschool!! LOL

Latest posts

Back