Goodyear Trailer Tires

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
HI everyone, thought I would share this with you guys. Took a trip to Canada back in august, when I got home my one trailer tire blew out of the sidewall. My boat was ordered back in 2005(took delivery in 2006) so I fugured my tires are out of warranty. Anyway just went back to Canada again last week, on the way at about syracuse the tire went and de-laminated 1/3 of the tire. Now I'm fuming, I emailed the pics of the tire to good year and told them how unhappy I am, as I also have goodyears on my New Ram truck. They replied, ALL tires have a 6 year warranty, if I take them to an actual dealer(the old ones) and they determine the cause to be a defect they will refund my new tires I already purchased including the mount and balance. that inspection will be done this Sat, I'll let ya's know what they say. The warranty is based on 3/32 wear or 6 year which ever is first, after the 3/32 wear they still will pay for new tires if its within 6 years, but I would be responsible for the mount and balance.

Although I was very upset, nice to see a company still attempt to do right:cool: See pic tread is like new

IMG00408-20110919-1613.jpg

This is not the first I've seen of this and Goodyear.

I've been using Carlisle's for the last few years with pretty good luck.

At least they're helping.

I've had the same problems with GY Marathons in the past. I had a tire do the same thing as pictured this summer.

Steve

I personally have never had an issue with good year marathon tires. I only buy the USA made ones and i have put a lot of miles on them and ive only had one flat that was caused by a nail.

I have seen issues with Carlisles, my Father had a ton of problems with them on his boat trailer. Here is a pic of one that blew with less then 500 miles on it. Luckly he was only going down his street when it blew, if he was at highway speed it would have come apart completly. The hole in this one was all the way thru the carcas.

927561291_Rg8ND-M.jpg

YEah I noticed on my tires they say "Made in New Zealand". Thats the 2 that blew on me. The new ones I got are made here so thats comforting:unsure:

Latest posts

Back