Good Mornin' NTOWS - Thursday

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. A high of 75* with rain storms here today. Well, I finally got the boat out yesterday to do some fishing.:D As we were going out in the river what time we went didn't matter. My friend couldn't get to my house until 10:00 a.m. so I got everything ready and was champing at the bit. I got all my gear in the boat and hooked the boat up to my truck. I got back in my truck, pushed the brake down and it went all the way to the floor.

I unhooked the boat and slowly drove back around to my driveway. A brake line broke.

Just about this time my friend arrived and with an "oh well" we decided there wasn't anything we could right then and I was throwing a temper tantrum because I couldn't fish. Just then my neighbor asked what was wrong because I had the hood up and I told him. He went and got his truck, drove over and hooked up to my boat and drove us to the ramp. He gave me, and I wrote down, his cell number so he could come and get us when we were ready to quit for the day. He knew I was supposed to go fishing and was going to help any way he could.

Now to the good part. It was an absolutely beautiful day to be on the water. We started catching White Perch almost immediately. Poking around the creek I live on we caught everything; White Perch, Pickerel, Yellow Perch, Catfish, Bluegill, Stripers, etc. The White Perch were huge. We didn't keep any but should have. One filleted Perch would have fed and satisfied a hungry man easily. Everytime we caught one we said there wouldn't be any more that big so we threw him back. Next time there will be a nice fish fry though.:) It was truly great to be out again and I felt like a little kid I was so happy. The boat performed flawlessly too. This morning is a different matter. I am so sore and stiff I can hardly move and of course Nancy is screaming that I overdid it. It'll be a week or so before I get back out but I don't care. Yesterday was GREAT.

Everyone have a great and safe day.

Uncle Billy

Mornin'...too early,too tired & ready for a vacation. I've got one nerve left and people are tryin' to get on it:unsure:

Glad you did some good catching Bill. Don't worry about over doing it, I did that last Satuerday and I got over it so well I may do it again Sunday after riding down to Chatt Saturday. Well Vandy scheduled MRI yesterday so my wife and I wasted an entire day an they decided they needed a surgical room to get me ready and didn't have one ready. Lots of confidence with these clowns about now.

Have a geat day

jdj

Good morning Bill, TEE and everyone. Glad you had fun yesterday Bill, take it easy today. I want to take TEE out with some of his "dynamite" bait from the other post.

JDJ, How did your Vandy trip go yesterday??

Steve

Mornin all! Good Job Bill!

Rich D

Bill - GREAT you got out on the Tracker and CAUGHT FISH!!! That is too sweet!!

Now get the brakes fixed so you can drive!! LOL

Good morning all from sunny KY. Heavy rain woke me up during the night and much cooler today. All have a wonderfully safe and God filled day.

Jeff

Good morning all.. Bill, glad you had a great day... ever inching closer to the "fixed up" status...

Steve thanks for asking but it did not go well, as expected I guess. I spent about all day here before the knock out doc decided to check my records. It turns out that they almost did not get woke up the last time they put me to sleep apnea. This was in her oppinion totally due to reading he report. I partially agree with her but at that time I also had the upper lobe of my right lung collapsed and I think this was a big part of that problem. Now they say they won't do the MRI until the schedule a surgery room in case I crash and burn. It sure ould have been nice if they had looked at my records before I missed another day of work for nothing. These folks just aren't to bight in y oppinon.

Hang in ther buddy. I'm praying for you. I'd love to get over your way and meet you some day. I lived in Nashville for about 13 years and my in-laws are in Athens, AL, so I'm over your way a few time per year.

Steve

Back