Going back to E. Texas - Horray!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, we sold our home and finalized the deal. I then purchased our 'new' home, in E. Texas. 3-2-2 on Lake Palestine, Chandler, TX (near Tyler). Waterfront, boat house/dock/etc. Has a nice workshop area off the garage and a utility building for all the lawn care stuff. Should be moving around the first week of March.

Sorry - thought I had re-sized all of them. Removed the big ones and simply left in the library. Take a look there, couple of nice shots.

This is where my Stratos will be in about 6 weeks.

Dock_2.jpg

And no, it's not 'dry' anymore. They had 13+ inches in the last 2 weeks, and the lake is full again.

Tex

GREAT NEWS Tex!! Got your message yesterday afternoon, sorry didn't return the call.

I knew after talking to you on Sat with the SC deal you'd have great luck on the TX buy!! Can't wait for you to move, get the water up and we'll come a fishin!!!!

Trep

Congrats Tex!!! Palestine is a very nice lake and you'll be just around the corner from Fork, Sam, and Toledo Bend if you get bored. Tyler is a very nice city too. Way to go. I'm seriously jealous;) .

Harpo

Nice. I look forward to geting back to East TX soon too. Just to visit though...

Mini

Good deal dude. I am actually headed to the Dallas area today. Going to be working in Southlake tomorrow. My company has a contract in Tyler, I am not sure how active it is, but we may cross paths.

Again congrats on the new "crib".

Donnie

Great to hear it!! If you know Palestine, keep me informed of the where, when, and how. If not, then I will be happy to show you what I know about the lake and then you can keep me informed on the where, when, and how of those largemouths and spots.:D

WOW Tex, that looks great! Congratulations. You just don't sound excited at all??? Just kidding Tex, your excitement bleeds through the type and I'm very happy for you.:)

Uncle Billy

Thanks everyone. Finished doing the official signing of the contract and paying earnest money yesterday afternoon. Inspection this Thursday.

Donnie - I'm in Dallas this week (at the airport).

Dewey - no problem. We'll hook up after I get her. Love to hear that there are plenty of slabs in the lake.

The only problem with the lake filling so fast, as I was planning to do some 'structure construction' while the lake was down. Now, I'll just have to do it the ol' fashioned way.

Tex

Couple of other pictures. Saw the plot record yesterday. It's 434' front the front land marker, to the shoreline (lot depth). About 110' wide. Nice big lot.

House_5.jpg

Yard_1.jpg

Tex

Tex I am flying from Love Field on Southwest tonight. Iif your using that airport I will keep a look out for you.

Donnie

Toxic,

He actually had new posts put in and simply left the old ones there as the top of them provide some connectivity to the horizontal braces (the tops are still structrually sound - just don't provide much vertical support, as you noted). When I looked at the house/dock, it was dry, so I was down there walking under the dock able to do a very detailed inspection.

Thanks for 'looking out' though.

Tex

I noticed that pole but thought I was maybe seeing things and wasn't going to say anything it:unsure: Now that Toxic brought it up I can see where legs were attached to at least a couple of the lower posts.

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back