Gas Tank Size?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Owner

Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks for the information and suggestions on my last post. I have a new one for ya. When I bought this boat (2002 Nitro 185 Sport with a 115 Mercury) it obviously didn't have an owners manual with it. Does anyone know what size the gas tank is on this thing? I haven't emptied it yet. The wife was asking me the other day, (she likes to plan every dollar).

Thanks folks,

I would call a local Nitro dealer... They can pull up that info... I you ask real nice!!!!

KB

I think the manual for my boat says 32 gallons. I never trust the gas gauge......so I just fill it up if I'm going to spend the day on the lake.

Bob G.

There should be a lable on the gas tank that tells you how big the tank is if it hasn't faded or come of yet.:D

I know the literature for my '05 PT175 states a 21 gallon tank, but the first time I ever filled it up I could only get a little over 19 gallons in it. However, at the cost of gas nowadays, maybe that's a good thing :rolleyes:

You guys are luckey I will trade fill ups anytime. My 901 has a 57 gallon tank with gas at 2.80 a gallon that hurts. Just dont fill the truck and boat at the same time, truck has a 37 gallon tank. Checked a old book I have it states a 2002 PT 185 to be a 31 gallon tank, hope this helps but I dont trust these books. When I ordered my boat there were some differences in the book and what BPS said. I ordered the boat and then called Nitro they said the 901 had miss prints in the book. I got tilt steering and a 3 bank charger upgrade at no charge.Great people to deal with. Call Tracker Marine or email them they cn tell you for sure. TOM:)

Latest posts

Back