Garage sale reaps rewards,Frank's tackle co.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
Saturday my beautiful wife calls and tells me she's at a garage sale just up the street and they have some fishing stuff! So I figure I'll go on up and see what I can see.I get up there and started to fell my heart pounding.It seems that Frank was a retired bait and tackle store / slash / tackle maker repairer.I filled the truck super cab front and back.I as of yet have only been able to scratch the surface,but some of the items are a commercial grade line spoiler from Berkley and box of old baitcasting reels tackle rigging,spoons,rubber skirts,bags of different colored feathers and buck hair .Over a 120 bags of every different color spinners both willow and colorado totaling literelly thousands of blades. props by the thousands,jigs hooks by the hunderds (Mustad) Lead wire different strenghts thousands of feet ,different jigs for repairing tackle.paints,glitter,beads thousands , different colors ,Hundreds of different spinner components.wire forms with the loop instead of the open end.Rod repair components buy the hundreds everything thinkable.lead ingots buy the bucket full.And I haven't even gotten through all of it yet!100.00 bucks.

His wife just wanted to get it out of the basement.

Then I find out that a guy before me spent 700.00 on the old lures and die's and went away with a smill on his face.

It will probably be one of my better fishing weekends this summer.

The question is what do I do with it now that I bought it ?and were a'm I going to put it all?

The best part of all the wife is the one that told me about it,so she can't say anything about it.lol

Great find Mark!

The only thing that makes it better is when it's free!

My old retired neighbor gave me a paper grocery bag full of stuff a couple years ago...Almost all of it was new-still in the package! Many Rapala's (most still had price stickers on the packages...$1.79!) jitterbugs, hula poppers, lots of hooks and stuff too...He also gave me two rod reel combo's...both were zebco reels (the shiny metal ones...606? maybe) mounted on berkley cherrywood rods...don't know if I'll ever use the combo's, but I've already caught fish on the lures...His wife told me later that she had picked the bag out of the trash! He had pitched it in the garbage!!!

az

Mark - I have a HUGE garage, come on down and bring what you can't store and i'll MAKE sure we get some good use out of it!!! LOL

When you get a chance and take inventory, if you find any things strange, wierd or really interesting post a picture!!

Keep your eye out for antique lures...sometimes these little woman will sell em' after their hausbands pass and not know what they have. I bought a tacle box last year for $5 and found out it had two antique Heddon topwater lures worth about $30 each...I love Garage Sales.

TEE

Sounds like you got yourself a good woman....

If you are interested in selling a bag full of spinner bait skirts and blades,let me know.

Steve

Latest posts

Back