Ford v. Chevy, etc...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Need I say more...

"The perennially best-selling Ford F-150 wins its third award as North American Truck of the Year"

Got that off MSN.com :p:p:p:D:D:D

Just goes to show that just as many people made a bad choice on vehicle makes as they did in the election back in November!:p:D:p:D

As Howie would say....."You forgot to put your little man step up".

Those have got to be the funniest truck ads I have ever seen. Chevy's ad agency hit that one outta the park:p

TOXIC

Awards don't mean squat now,....SALES are everything!!;) (and one doesn't automatically gaurantee the other!!);)

The H3 just won the 2009 Truck of the Year from 4WD Magazine...that won't save the band!:(

I really don't know where they get those figures but, around here you see twice as many GM's on the road vs. Ford.

I can also tell you I just fixed my buddy's F150 for a bad coil pack...they ARE noted for it. I have NEVER in my life seen a screwy set-up like that where you have to use a universal extension in a BLIND 6" deep hole to remove the spark plug!

Local shop wanted $400 to fix it and 45 minutes later and a new coil ( a few brews also;) and we were doing burnouts in front of my house:lol:

The friggin' motor is moved back under the dog house so everything is a PIA to get to.

Here we go again, firing up the discussion toward a result that is already known; Fords rule. I've seen some of your pictures men and I know I'd rather see you using a "man step" than trying to get into your truck beds looking like a Sea Lion wallowing ashore! :lol::p:wacko::p:lol::lol:

I've owned and driven both. I'd take either one and be totally happy. Right now the Powerstroke gets the call because I got a great deal when I bought it. My Dad has a Dodge and I've pulled a large trailer across Iowa with it and it was a nice ride with plenty of power.

fatrap

If I'm alone, then why does Ford lead in sales?

As to GM vehicles, I'm watching running lights to see if GM has solved that problem [;)].

In reality though - potayto, potahto ...

Marty - The reason that Ford Sales are number one is that you have to buy them more often!

LOL (I drive a Dodge)

Like fatrap I have had both and loved them. :wub:

Got the best deal on the GMC this time but REALLY wanted the Ford. I loved the way it looked and drove. It also matched the boat almost perfectly. :cool:

Gene

TEE,....When they say Ford sells more than "Chevy" it's because they can't say Ford sells more than GM!! They're only counting Chevy sales. When you add the GMC sales into the total GM sells damn near twice as many trucks as Ford. It's been that way for years. ;) It's the only way Ford can WIN!! ;):p

Agreed,...they're all nice now,...but you'll see me behind the wheel of a Ford before you'd EVER see me in a 'Yota!!:angry:

Nah really guys I'm not a FORD basher by no means and yes I've owned a "few";):lol:

GM is a daily driver, Ford is a work truck. :)

No need to throw stones...

BTW Mac, heard anything about elimination of truck cross branding? I think it needs to be done. I could drive a Chevy truck instead of being a GMC fan....lol

I REALLY like the new Ford F-150, but if I were to get one, it would have to be a F-250.

All in all, I still think the American trucks blow the imports out of the water! (now thats enough to start a war...lol)

Althoug I love all three of the big Three, I may be goin from Chevy to Dodge. I drove the 09 Ram with the 390HP Hemi, and absolutley loved it, First time for me in a dodge, but I was very wowed by it.

On the other hand, bith the Chevy and Ford's pick-ups were nice as well, I was impressed by all. can't go wrong on any of them

still,the working mans truck is less money than the others.I believe thats what people are looking for.could never understand why people want a truck thats a caddy or lincoln. trucks are ment to be worked and not luxury items. fact is that's why they cost so much.to many people want them for show and not for work hence they cost more and working man gets caught in middle with higher prices. everything seems to be going the way of greed and it shows with our economy.

Jerry b: I am right there with you. I cannot understand Escalades and Lincoln something equivalent, or even Avalanche for that matter. Nothing wrong with making a truck comfortable and well equipped, but gezuz.. A Caddy or Lincoln truck.

I think I was behind a Lincoln Pickup recently, I didnt get a chance to really look, but did it actually have taillights IN the tailgate? how smart (NOT!) is that!

I guess there's (or WAS) a market for them. People once bought them. Now they all want crossovers, hybrids and electric.

I've owned Chevy's, Fords and GMC's and liked all of them all but must say my current F250 with the PS Diesel is my favorite. I had a Toyota 4x4 too back in the 80s and it was decent but I won't own another one. Had more issues with it than any of my domestics.

I don't care which one does it but, I wanna see a pickup that'll get 30 MPG with decent ponypower:cool:

Amen to that Tee! So, we'll then be able to skate in Hell -- :lol::wacko::lol:

I guarantee it can be done.

The Big Three are gonna have to go back to the "basic's" and the drawing board.

This is just me spitballing and I know absolutely nothing about enjuns, but I don't think it will happen by adding more junk to the legacy blocks. I think the automakers need a new "block" or whatever they want to call it.

Good Grief..:( As cars go and starting very young I was always a Chevy man, period! As far as that goes I didn't think anything else was even worth mentioning. That being said, all of the older men I worked alongside cutting and spearing tobacco or any other work on the farm always told me "Chevy's are okay but when you get a truck just make sure it's a Ford." I never asked about the logic behind that statement but the first truck I bought was a Ford F-150 and it did everything I wanted it to do. The second truck I bought was another F-150 and I still have it. It's got the in-line six 4.9 liter engine which I think is the best engine Ford ever had. I still have that truck.

Two years ago I had to get a truck with an automatic trans. Everyone here knows that story. I went to a Ford dealer and a Chevy dealer and then bought a Toyota Tundra.:eek::D

It rides like a nice car and has just about everything I could want in it so I'm very happy with so far! Unfortunately my back seems to be getting worse and I'm having trouble getting in and out the darn thing. I also don't know how well it will tow as I haven't tried it yet. I don't think it will beat my F-150 though.

To be honest I can't rate differences because I haven't given Chevy or G.M.C. must of a chance.

My neighbor has a four year old Silverado that's very nice. He had a LOT of trouble when it was brand new (electrical and then the motor which G.M. replaced) but since then he loves it. But I will admit that's one of the reason's I didn't seriously consider a Chevrolet.

I too like Howie Longs' commercials but if I owned an older non Chevy truck those ads would make me buy anything except a Chevy. Even when my back was better I couldn't get in the darn bed easily so I'd like that step.:rolleyes:

Uncle Billy

Ps: I forgot and Nancy, reading over my shoulder, corrected my mistake.. My very first truck was a Datsun:huh: I think they were the very first 'little' trucks. They were running radio ads that those trucks were $2197.00 with everything.It was also a piece of junk.:angry: It had a single wall bed so anything you didn't carefully place in it a dent would show on the outside. It would also just stop running and sometimes not restart for hours. That's what I traded for my first F-150..

Unk....Howie Didn't leave Toyota out of the mix either!! Sumthin' about a 6 cyl that gets worse MPG that the Silverado 8!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

I wish we had American made..I have to stay GM,, Right now you can get a deal like you won't believe...JR

My last year of college I worked for the Ford Dealer Advertising Fund in St. Louis and had a several promo trucks for daily drivers. (Had to get the boat to the lake!!) They build a great truck. When it came to spending my own money on a truck, I chose Chevrolet. I've had numerous truck models from Chevy and have been pleased with them all, especially my CC 'Rado HD. It's a preference thing on styling, but the main decision factor should be the dealer. My dealer and former AC-Delco sponsor site attached has sold out to a mega-franchise a few years ago. It's definitely not the same type of place. I'll stick with the GM emblem, but will buy from a dealer closer to home that has been great to me for quite some time. The product is important, but not as much as the following service/repair that is inevitable with any vehicle. IMHO

Tee - I certainly hope that you are not claiming that OH is 'Truck Country', now are you???

In E. Texas it 'seems' to be more GM powered than the others. The one thing you don't see much of here, is the Toyota's or the Nissan's (trucks that is). For the most part, GM/Ford/Dodge RULE here in TX from a Truck Perspective.

The GM Ad for the 'little man step up' is cool, but that is a nice feature. GM's ad's on the trucks are certainly a 'stick in the eye' to the other guys. Waiting for them to take a run at Toyota/Nissan in some of their ad's. :p

Tex

? How in the heck did you come up with that Tex? OH ain't truck country....may be a TON of Buckeye Briars maybe but, not truck country!:lol:

And as far as the step...HELL you need need it with those 6 foot sides on the FORD!

This lil' man just jumps up in the bed of my GM.:p

Seriously though Tex...have you noticed also how much higher the sides are on just about every brand out there? My 94 Silvy is easy to get into the bed because it sets so much lower...even my wifes 04 is harder but, at least it has the steps due to the Sportside.

Latest posts

Back