Fontana Lake

• Thread starter Rick Martin Trackerman
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Martin Trackerman

Reaction score
Anyone here familiar with Fontana Lake near Bryson City, NC? My brother-in-law wants to give it a try since it's close to where he lives but he's never fished it. Research on the net says it's 29 miles long and 400 feet deep with very clear water. Just wondering if any of you have ever fished it?

Thanks

Spent my honeymoon there!! Didn't fish though,.....was busy doing other things...:lol:

It is,...we had a blast!! Drove the Blue Ridge Parkway to get there....awesome scenery..it was in the middle of May too. Would love to go back again.......and this time i'll FISH!! LOL:rolleyes:

This lake can be a really tough place to catch fish, for many. I've not fished it personally, but ready many reports/comments in and around Charlotte for 8+ years that it was typically a lake most avoided. It does have a decent population of Walleye.

In this case, I would suggest if you want to fish there to get a local guide the first day, and find out what you can. That is usually a good 'helping hand' for this situation.

It is :

1. Deep

2. Clear

3. Cold

Which of course is not exactly the traits that one looks for when bass fishing (assuming that it is bass fishing that you want to do of course).

Tex

Latest posts

Back