1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fishing The River

Thread in 'Fishing' started by Boat4life, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Boat4life

Boat4life Active Member

Well, it's not much to brag about but my last 2 fishing trips on the Sabine River have produced 6 solid keepers. It is a challenge to catch a 14" bass on the river most days. What I'm excited about is both trips have produced a bass over 3 pounds. Normally in Texas you don't get excited about 3 pounders but it's a matter of perspective. Toledo and Rayburn are loaded with big bass but the brackish and muddy Sabine can be a challenge during the winter dealing with all the runoff from rains. The key has been fishing really slow with light line, 1/8 oz sinker, small hook, and a small black/blue craw-worm. Nice to get outdoors between cold fronts.

2. AirForce

AirForce Well-Known Member

I sure miss it down there but I didn't fish the rivers, well I guess I should take that back, not until I moved from Beaumont TX to Franklin LA THEN I got a boat. Down there it didn't get too cold often. Use to fish the river that emptied into the bay down near Franklin LA. Then when I moved to Lafayette/Abbeville, I fished the marshes and bayous. Bass & Reds in the same place, plus catching crab, shrimp catfish was a BONUS. Fire up the fryer honey I'm coming home with a LOAD :D

3. Boat4life

Boat4life Active Member

That's what I like about the river, catching bass and reds in same area sometimes. I also like the fact the ramp is 5-10 mins from my house. My son in law lives in Bmt. and I've fished the Neches with him.