First T of the year - Weighed Fish!!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libra
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Hey gang - it was COLD this morning !!!! We blasted off at 7:30am and weigh in was at 3pm. Air temp was 45 degrees and it only went DOWN through out the day!! It was COLD, Cloudy and it DRIZZLED and RAINED on/off all day!! My boater has been fishing the lake for 20 years and we covered a LOT of water!! I am GLAD I dressed WARM in layers, had my warm headcovering and borrowed a friends full face mask! 60 MPH (a 21ft Pro Craft with a 225 EFI) is COLD AND WET at 44 degrees and rain!!!

But, w/in the first 30 mins I put 2 keeper Spots in the boat. Not big ones but HEY I caught TWO!!! Didn't get another BITE all day!!! My boater only caught 1, so I don't feel bad. What surprised me was with the water temps around the air temps (46 - 43 degrees) the fish were SHALLOW!! Everyone that caught fish got them in 3-5 feet of water off the banks/points or off brushpiles in 4-8 feet of water.

Don't know yet if i'll join this club, but atleast i'm starting 2005 out with 2 bass! Lets hope this is a trend not the end!!!@ LOL
2005%20jan%20Spots%20at%20Club%20T%20for%20web.jpg

That kind of weather... us northern walleye guys would have been in shirt sleeves and shorts...

Way to go Trep...

nice start of the year, it will be a long time before i get a line wet. expecting 24" of snow tonight.

GregD

Bill - sister-n-law said you guys had SNOW!!!

Greg - Yup, this Yankee has turned southerner!!! T-shirt, Turtleneck, Sweatshirt, Lined hooded Jacket, Full insulated Coveralls, thick Lifejacket!!! Plus the fingertip gloves, neck warmer, Head warmer, and stocking cap!!! BRRRRRR

Greg D - Wish it had been yesterday, it was 70!! And GLAD it was not TOMORROW where morning temps will be 20 with winds in the 20mph range with gusts up to 35mph!!!

Trep

Good deal trep... now if you could just get longer arms!!!!

You're well on your way to fishing Stardom!

All you gotta do is.....

Grow a goatee.....

Learn to breakdance.....

Get a bigger tow vehicle.....

And get a GLASS boat!!! ROFL!!

me!

(Shelley has a very nice 929 for sale in Swap and Sell.....)

Tox - Nothing rude about asking. Min on Lake Allatoona is 12 inches, both of these little guys are 12.5 - 13 inches. A legal fish is a legal fish!!! Most of the guys that weighed fish had a few of these. The NICE one to see was the guy with the 7.5lb Large MOUTH!!! HUGE!!! And he won Big fish, a progressive pot of $5/per person each month and it had over $800 as you have to have a 5lb+ to win it!!!!

I go real excited since both of these came early in the morning. I had hoped to limit and learn this thing everyone calls "culling??"!!! LOL

Already knows how to hold them up close to the camera. Nice job. Always good to weigh something in, regardless. You didn't say what you were using to catch them.

Now, when you do that same thing when the temp is 20 degrees lower . . . . Regardless, that makes for a miserable day (from the physical standpoint).

Tex

What's the world coming to?? Trep weighed fish at a bass fishing tourney. Rumor has it that he used some of Bill Dance's scuba guys to put the caged fish on his hook!! Had to keep em small enough so it didn't draw to much attention! LOL!!

Congrats Trep!!!

Bob G.

Great job Michael!!!

You're on the right track. Always try to weigh fish. Most point trails will only award points upon weighing fish. (One or more.) A blank on those trails is just like staying home. (Except for the cold, wet, nasty experience. LOL!) Consistency is the key, regardless of the conditions.

Just remember to throw those guys back on Lanier (14" min.), if you're lucky enough to boat one before a striper or a magnum spot makes lunch out of it! (LOL!!!!!!) Keep up the good work and put some meat on them bones. You'll stay warmer!!

Thanks guys!!

Dan J - Yup on Lanier - I didn't weight any fish at the Dec CLub T as my only fish was 13.99999 inches long!!!!! LOL

Mike L - Snow STINKS!!!! LOL We did get 40+mph winds last night and 18 degree weather this morning. REAL glad we fished yesterday and NOT today!!!!

Tex - Yup those littleones NEEDED to be held out FAR!!!

Bob G - Heck who knows, I might before I hit 40 on a spring day actualy get 5!!! LOL

Trep, I see you are back to normal. Oh wait a minute, you actually had some fish in the picture so maybe you are one step ahead. Ha!

All I can say is at least you are catching them. That's more than I can say. Good job!

You are on your way. Nothing like coming in with fish. Congrats.

Da Bear

Back