Everyone gets lucky sometime!!!

• Thread starter Gilbert Scales2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
I collect antique fishing lures and reels. Keep some, sell some. Recently while looking thru the ads on a local fishing site, I noticed an Ambassadeur 5000 c Delux reel for sale. The seller noted it as new in box, asking $200.00 for it. It is the old style, 1972 model. I thought it was under priced, thinking it should be $600.00 or so.. I met with the seller, and found it to be mint. It was complete with box, paperwork. I had no desire to keep it, I collect the old Kentucky reels. Listed it on ebay, it sold for $1142.00. Ebay item # 130436288096... $942.00 profit. I told the seller I believe it was worth more, he said it was given to him years ago by a neighbor. He just wanted to get rid of it. I said o.k., I will take it off your hands.

Bubby:)

Cool... Bubby, I collect (mostly) old Johnson (Johnson-Dennison) reels. I have about 150+ different models... We should chat sometime. I do buy very old/unusual other spincast rels. Just got a near mint in the box Hi-Thum... kinda cool...

That's awesome! I'm always looking at yard sales and stuff for a vintage guitar.

A friend of mine just gave me 7 or 8 old lures. I'm building a display case for them. I was going to look at E-bay just to get an idea of what some of them may be. One is a jointed leg frog from the Paw Paw bait co. and the other is a bait I've heard of from the South Bend Bait Co, but I can't remember what it's called. Both have the boxes. Maybe I'll post a photo of them for you guys to look at.

Gene

Gene, you have a paw paw Wotta Frog. They are very hard to find in the correct box. Paw Paw bait Company didn't put much into their boxes. If it is mint, easy $125.00. Take care not to let the hooks scratch them.Be very careful collecting, you will have a bundle spent before you know it. There is a website called Joe's old lure page, go to discussion board. There is a ton of advise given there. Nothing can be asked about any lure or reel without someone giving you comlete history of lure or reel. Good luck, if you need any help, let me know.

Bubby:)

Cool, Thanks. I have the box and plastic sleeve cover, but the plastic cover is warped and distorted from time. The One from South bend is a Bass-areno, also with the box. Both boxes are in way less than perfect condition. One of the other lures looks like it was hand carved. I'll try to get a photo and post it later today or next week.

Gene

Very nice indeed. I know little to nothing about this subject, but do enjoy seeing/reading about some of the early lures and tackle.

Tex