engine starving for gas

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy Larmon2

Reaction score
I have a 97 Nitro with a 120 Force engine that is giving me fits. First trip out this summer it kept dieing on me,then I noticed the bulb was collapsing when I throttled it up to get on plane.I changed out the bulb and it ran fine the next three outtings,unitl this past weekend it started doing it again. I changed out the fuel filter under the cowl and still no luck. Is there another filter I'm not seeing.Is there one in the tank.Could i possibly have a venting issue. if so where do i find the vent. any help would be appreciated

Start with replacing all fuel hose from the tank to the motor with ethanol rated hose.

Listen to Bob G's advice, I had the same problem with my 90 hp merc. last year and i had to replace all fuel lines with ethanol rated hoses, fuel filter, bulb and have all three carbs rebuilt due to ethanol,I would also recommend using some kind of ethanol treatment in your fuel every time you fill your tank, you can get it at wal mart or any automotive store. i wont put fuel in my tank anymore without adding ethanol treatment first

At my last purchase, the dealership told me to change out all hoses and bulb every 3 years and check my fuel filter often.

cq

Latest posts

Back