Eli and I SLAYED THEM!!!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libra
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well kicked off work at noon today and Eli and I headed to the lake. Picked up some minnows and worms and set off to Red Top Mountain on Lake Allatoona. Let me just say WHAT A DAY!!! We were trying for what we call an Allatoona Slam - 1 Striped Bass, 1 Spotted Bass and 1 Bluegill. We've NEVER done all 3 in one trip. Usualy the Bluegills are the easiest so we left them to last today.

First spot marked some fish, put some live bait down/out and no bites in 10 mins, so off to the next spot. The next spot was the ticket!! W/in 2 mins Eli's rod (a ultralight spincast with 6lb test) went screaming and he landed (with just help from Daddy holding the rod from being yanked out of his hands) a 17 inch Spotted Bass!!! 10 mins later his reel went off again, this time I could tell it was a bigger fish, he could NOT hold it at all! SO I held his rod while he ran to the other 3 rods to reel them in, as I told him as this fish kept taking line "Eli, we might need to chase this one with the Trolling motor so it doesn't break your 6lb line!!" he got 2 of the lines up and then yells "Daddy, I got one on this one too!" So we took turns on the rods and eventualy I landed on my rod a 3lb Hybrid bass (The smallest in the picture) and Eli landed a 5lb 3 oz Hybrid!!! MAN that wore us out, so we decided to troll unbrella rigs almost hoping to NOT catch any!! 2 lines out and BAM the 3 arm goes off!! Eli has tried to hold the Trolling rods and can't hold it up, so he works bringing the other non-hooked rig in while its in the trolling rod holder, while I battle my fish. Get it to the boat and in the livewell, a decent 4lb hybrid. Reset the lines and another round of trolling, not 5 mins later BAM the 3 arm rod goes off!! Eli again reels in the empty rod and 15 mins later I get the 7lb 3 oz Striper in the boat!!! WOW my 11 gallon livewell is FULL!!! So take a picture and let the Spotted bass go. Off to find Bluegill to make it a SLAM!!! Well the first spot we stop at, a blowdown, eli's float (with a small gold hook and worm) goes under and he battles a 13 inch Spotted bass!!! We try a few more spots and no bluegills. Stop at the marina to ice down the striper and hybrids and head home!!

MAN we just cleaned the 4 fish and have dinner!! Gotta go out and clean down the Tracker but MAN I was SOO Cranked when he Realed that 5+ lb Hybrid in on his rod!!!!

Trep
2004%20December%20Mike%20and%20Eli%20with%20stripers.jpg

Here is Eli with his Spotted Bass, as you can almost see on the scale its was a bit over 2lbs!!

He out fished me again today!! If i'd not had the U-rigs for Trolling that he can not YET handle, he'd have big fish for the trip, but he did out livebait fish me!!
2004%20December%20Eli%20with%2017%20inch%20Bass.jpg

Way to go Eli and way to go Trep!!!! What great pictures!

You and Eli did well Michael-san:) I wish I had been with you.

Bill

Tox is right... today will live with you for the rest of his life...

Tox - NO WAY i'll forget this trip for a long time. In fact as we were motoring to the ramp Eli said "What time are we comming back tomorrow daddy??" BBWWAAAAAA

I had to tell him I had to work in the morning and the family has a New Years party at friends in the afternoon. He was bummed.... Until... I told him we can go right after breakfast on SATURDAY!!!

Yes Dave, Eli Slayed them!!! We split the total count 3 and 3 but take the trolling away and he's got me 3 to 1!!!!

Heck, he kept asking me "is it the right weather for my Buzz Bait yet??" He got one with his new rod (he picked the lure out) and has been dying to try it. Told him he'd have to wait till the water temps come back up and then the top water bite will be on!!

Trep,

I'm glad you and Eli had an awesome day!! Those are some nice fish!!

Bob G.

Michael, your pictures bring a huge smile to my face and your pride warms my heart!

Nice goin', Dad!

me!

Trep, Looks like you and Eli did get into some good fish. Always makes the day even better when you catch them with your favorite little fishing partner. Good way to end the year and hopefully 2005 will be even better.

Thanks guys!

Eli is REALY straining to keep that 5lb Hybrid off the front deck!!! LOL

Got the boat on the Guest charger, need to rinse out the livewells and replace a jig on one of my U-rigs (the 7+ lb fish BROKE the hook on one of the jigs once I got him in the boat!!).

Also, when we go out tomorrow I'm bringing my big net since that 7lber did NOT fit well at all in my usual Bass net!!! LOL

That's what it's all about Trep!!!!!

Great job guys!!!!!!!!!

Great job Trepper(s)!!

This past warm spell on Lanier has also been AWESOME! We had a big (5+) spot today and numerous others, best 5 at 14-15lbs. The stripers are going nuts up the river. In the morning it's just drop the T/M and start catching. (A 5" white pearl Shadee Shad or Zoom Fluke weighted with a 1/32nd oz. 4/0 Ultra Point) I haven't burned more than a cup of gas all week! The first striper today (14-15lb.er) came off my brush piles off the dock. We caught several nice yellow perch today as well (10-12" and up) jigging a spoon in 30-35ft. Don't you just love winter!!

Enjoy your filets and have a Happy New Year!!

Neeley -

Come on down to GA. We've got those "albino racing carp" well up into the 40's (lbs.) A 20 is a fairly easy bill to fill right now. I catch mine as "by-catch" hunting for magnum spots. I saw a fella land a 37lb'er earlier in the week using a foot long rainbow trout for bait. Our lake record is 52lbs. and change. As well as the number one spotted bass lake in the U.S. we're in the top three for trophy linesides. (Lake Lanier - FLW Magazine and BASSmaster Magazine last year) If you ever get the urge......

Dan,

I'm getting the urge to catch a 20lb'er....I'm not working right now...anyone from the MVM wanna take a road trip???

65F and sunny today, Ken. Come on down and warm your bones!

Heading down to the dock again for (hopefully) a repeat of the past week's excitement! (Yes, Neeley, I'm taunting you! LOL!) If you guys wanna make a road trip, now's the time!!

P.S. A buddy of mine posted a pic (on his site) of a 47lb.er (striper) caught at Hartwell Friday. (45 min. from here) I'll try to get a pic and post it when I get in.

Dan I posted this in another thread. I might be in Atlanta this week for an interview, (tuesday or Wednesday) for one day. Would like to catch a striper if I can squeeze it in before I have to be back to the airport.

HAHAHA, well considering I land @ 9:30am and take back off @ 2:30pm I dont see much fishing in my time there.

Mini

Dude(s)!

Make Time!!

Mini - I have trips Tues. - Thurs. this week. We're also about 1 - 1.5 hrs. N of the airport. (30 min. N of BPS) If you can squeeze a little more time in, we can get out after 4pm on Weds. or whenever else is good. (Gets dark about 6:30-ish.) Plenty of time for a "bleached carp" bite! LOL!!!!

(These were the two biggest this morning. We caught 9 between the two of us with 15-20 spots and one 3# head. Caught a bigger one after dinner, ((of course LOL!)), just before dark. 17-18-ish)

Good fishing Mike and Eli. I envy you guys a little farther south. Keep up the good work.

Da Bear

Already have my flight booked. Leave Detroit @ 7:30am in Atlanta @ 9:30, Back on the plane @ 2:30 to arrive in Detroit @ 4:30.

If I get the job, I will have to beack in Atlanta the 25th. I could see an extra day or two on that trip :)

Mini

That look on Eli's face in the first picture is priceless. I love it. Good stuff Trepp!

Wolf

Mini -

I sent you an e-mail.

Mike -

Sorry if I diverted your's and Eli's thread. We know how I can make up for it! (Hint: bring spare drag washers!) Again, great job! Our boys are the only future we have.

No Problem Big Dan!! MAN and I thought the 7+ Striper was HUGE!!!

Latest posts

Back