Did it again

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffry Skidmore

Reaction score
Earlier this week I was asking about a fuse block on my '96 170TF. I had put on a new tach, and when I buttoned everything back up, none of the pumps, lights,etc. would work. Got up Tuesday determined to track it down, got frustrated, and took it to the Tracker guys in Chattanooga. Wes, the tech called me early yesterday to tell me he found the problem.......... I hadn't tightened battery cables.

I'm feelin' kinda dum agin! :D:unsure::unsure:

The only good thing about these kind of happenings is that everyone who owns a boat has done some of the same kind or things. I've thought about it a lot and have decided it is in the DNA of everyone that buys a boat.

I know a dude who took his boat to a mechanic to fix (a 30min drive each way) because it wouldn't start,......wouldn't even turn over!!! (He called TOW Boat and paid $100 to get towed back to the ramp after it "ran fine all day, then wouldn't start when he was ready to go home!!") Turns out he didn't have the gear shift in "Neutral". :wacko::blink: OMG!!!! :blink: Talk about embarrasing!!! If I was him,..I sure as hell wouldn't have told anyone...I woulda made something up before I told the truth about THAT!!! What a moron!! :lol::lol:

I guess I don't feel that bad about not being able to start mine one time and found out the reset button was in after about an hour of frustration:blink:

We both know that MO-RON Mac! He used to be a member here too....

He once complained about screws loosening up on the boat he bought from you Mac....was going on a tyrade....Said "this doesnt happen to cars like this and if it did automotive companies would be out of business! How can they produce such a poor quality product?" I let him fisnished and asked one simple question.

Have you EVER consider the medium that cars travel on compared to what boats travel on? He was stumped....so I had to explain the difference between concrete/asphault and water with waves....

I wont even go into the "engineering" he applied to his livewell plumbing on his brand new triton. With his copper plumbing....I only asked: "Dont you think that every other Triton owner would have the same problem? They seem to think the system is fine...!" LOL

My buddy called me yesterday cause he could not get his boat to start. Went to his house and sure enough it would not start. I told him to plug his gas line onto the motor and he did. It fired right up. I wish you could have seem his face.

Not to mention the kill switch deployed as the reason I ran the starting battery down.:wacko: Ooops, I did mention it!:lol: At least I finally found it and used the trolling motor battery to start the motor and get home!:p

Latest posts

Back