Dancing in the Streets of Cleveland today!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, this just goes to show you how fast a team can fall from grace. The Cleveland Brown's and their fans must be dancing in the streets today. Not only did the beat their hated rivals the Steelers, but for all practical purposes have knocked them out of the playoffs. Time Warner doesn't offer NFL NET unless you buy a sports package (which I don't have), so I couldn't watch the game, but sounds like they treated Big Ben and the Steelers very rudely.

I'm not a Browns fan, but one of the very few personal items I have from my father (he passed away when I was a very young child) is a Cleveland Browns button that I carried for many years. It's packed away somewhere now, but it gives me some tie to the Brown's team and fans.

Beating your most hated rivals and knocking them out of the playoffs - must be magical in Cleveland today!

Tex

Kudos to the Browns. I watched it and they put it to Pittsburgh. I can definitely tell you that this did not look even close to the Steelers team that beat my Vikings and were 6-2 earlier this year. wow what a turn for the worse.

Bad news is, Cleveland in winning themselves right out of contention for the #1 draft pick.......oh well I think it is a curse anyway.

What's the worst curse?? Going as #1?....or Going as #1 to the !#$%$ LIONS!? LOL

Although there have been some 'curses' on being the #1 Pick, or simply being picked high in the draft - I remind you of this one.

Aikman was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1989 NFL Draft, by the Dallas Cowboys.[3] On February 25, 1989, new owner Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry, and replaced him with Jimmy Johnson. A few months later in the NFL's supplemental draft, Johnson drafted Steve Walsh who played for Johnson at the University of Miami. Aikman won the starting quarterback job, and Walsh was traded early in the 1990 season.

He turned out pretty well.

Tex

Not saying the players are never any good, but the money involved with signing the first pick (who hasn't played a down in the NFL mind you) is rediculous.

Salaries should be based on performance. The best players make the most money. There should be a rookie maximum until they prove themselves.

Barry Sanders didnt do to bad in the motor city,........but then again...Joey Harrington sucked!!

Sorry to bring you late breaking news, but there is a rookie maximum. However, it varies by place in the draft and is out of sight $$$$ wise (at least to most of us).

It's the Goldman Sachs scale! :wacko:

Tex