Dale Hollow?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My husband and I are leaving next weekend for Dale Hollow. We are taking a houseboat out from Holly Creek. Does anyone know of any good spots to fish near there and what we might use. Last year when we went, we tried a little of everything but was fishing mostly near the banks. The water was a lot deeper than we are used to fishing . Any hints would be apprecitated.

Also, I wanted to brag about the two bass I caught within an hour of each other at Geist Reservoir. They may not be big to a lot of you, but they were the biggest bass I have ever caught. The first was 4.0 lbs and 18in, and the second was 4.9 and 20.5 in. I am not sure who was more excited, my husband or I.

June 2010 047.JPG

I'll take those fish any day of the week!! Especially in a tournament!! As for the Hollow there are a few here that fish it on a regular basis. They will chime in. TEE is one. Good luck and have fun.

TOXIC

Fished Dale Hollow for 3 days in mid May. The water was up, off color and the weather was rainy 2 of the 3 days. They were pulling water fast (dropping @ a foot per day). We found smallies from the mouths of coves most of the way back, but none all the way back. Smaller ones all came off the banks and bigger fish all came from @ 10 - 12 ft. deep. We were fishing quite a few baits but most hit jigs and wacky rigged worms. Took good numbers of fish with most in the slot limit (a few bigger, some smaller). Also picked up a few nice large mouth. They came off laydowns in coves with deeper water nearby.

Not sure if this info is too old (likely) but, it's something. Have a nice trip. It's a great spot even if you're not tearing 'em up!

By the way, is the Geist reservoir you speak of the one near Indy?

FishingDaleHollow5-10006.jpg
[/img]

Get your blacklights out and sleep during the day so you can night fish!;)

Seriously it's the only way to catch them this time of year. Go to smalljaw.com and get it on all the latest info to be found on the lake. Most all the guides are members and some of the nicest people you'd ever come across.

Fish points and grass with jigs, spinners and cranks and hold on! Some really good fish have been reported lately. I may be heading down myself for a few days but, I'll be down at the next full moon.

If your not familiar with the lake...get a map and go out your first day in daylight to get your bearings of where you are,have your lights on and be super safe out there.

I go to smalljaw.com everyday...very good site.

Also if you get a chance...stop by Dale Hollow One Stop (gas station and tackle) in Celina and talk to a gentleman by the name of Stephen Headrick and you'll get good info on what to use,when and where.

BTW...those are some dandy largeheads;)

Best I can recomend is use light line and as TEE said, fish at night and makes the most of the twilight hours. Nice bass in your pics!! Good luck! ;)

Back