Congrats to BassPro/Tracker Marine

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
...on the FANTASTIC Daytona 500 win. As a matter of fact, I have a Bass Pro #1 car hat but it has Martin Truex instead of Jamie McMurray.

Can one of you NASCAR fans explain to me why when Turex drove the BPS car he ALWAYS ran the top of the track and was a pack runner. McMurray gets in the same car, races hard for the whole race and wins a biggun. Stranger yet, Truex raced better than I have ever seen. Strange race to say the least.

Contrats to BASS Pro/Tracker on a GREAT win!!

TOXIC

Tox, thats very much a driver preference thing. They set the car up to the comfort of the driver and if the driver likes to run high they will set it up to run there. There are tracks that you can really benefit from running up top like Atlanta, Michigan Chicagoland.

Btw McMurray will come back to earth really quick. He did win the biggest race in Nascar but he will be back as a mid pack driver real quick, its where hes run his entire career. McMurray is a very good restricter plate racer track and thats why he won yesterday, he always runs up front at the plate tracks.

I was very happy for him. He seems to be a very nice guy and well liked by his racing peers. I agree, he will likely return to the middle of the pack. Maybe BPS will mark everything in the store 1/2 off to commemorate his victory. ;)

Gene

Back to reality at Fontana or not, it was truly great to see somebody with unbridled emotion in victory lane, instead of the "gee, I won again" Jiminy Johnson speech "I want to thank my crew and my sponsors and my engine guys, they built me a great car". If I had my wishes come true on about 36 Sundays a year, more 1st time or rarely won guys would finish like Daytona.

Actually, while most (3 of his 4???) wins came on restrictor plate tracks, Jamie has been looking a bit spiffier since mid last season. Not a challenge for the Cup, but then, neither is Danica, and she gets all the blabber and the camera time, even when not on the lead lap.

GENE

I don't know about the discounts but I was online and in honor of his victory they (BPS) are shipping all orders over $100.00 for only $1 , now that is not a bad deal if you need some stuff.

Tom

One more lap and Junior would of gotten him,,He's one of the good guy's I am glad for Jamie....Long Race...

I thought they may do something in honor of the win. I'm going to the spring classic on Friday the 26th so I won't need any shipping. I wonder if they'll pay for my gas??? :)

Gene

Gene...

You headed east or west for the Classic?

I'll be headed west...

az

I'll be heading east to Auburn Hills on that Friday. I'm taking the day off and plan to get there around 5-6. I think the sale starts at 7PM Friday night. I'm hoping there will be more on the shelves. LOL How far is it from your house to the Chicago area store?

Gene

Latest posts

Back