Cold Water

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
OK, I know summer has just arrived, but looking ahead, in central Ar.(Hot Springs area) what should I consider as cold water fishing?

The reason I ask is, I retired, moved from Ohio and in a new learning cruve for fishing (major difference, water clarity, depth {major drop offs}, flow in lakes, day to day level changes, temp changes form one section to another).

All my knowledge from 18 years in VA. does not apply.

I do know that I will need something other than shorts and tee shirts.:D

cq

Got some great trout sreams in the area. That's cold water. I consider anything below 55 degrees as cold water. I'm sure others will have a different opinion.

Above 70is consider warm in my parts.

Congrats on the move. Much slower way of life in Arkanas. I think Carlos's Dad's family is from Arkanas he might have a few tips.

fatrap

For fishing bigger water (other than trout streams) google up "Thermocline" an often forgotten summer variable that will help you catch summer fish.

TOXIC

I did forget about thermocline and lake turn over. When I was growing up I did fish the river below the lower lake alot, knew most of it like the back of my hand, only fished the lakes with my father.

As I stated this is a learning to fish all over again, second year, great to stay home on the weekends and have the lakes to yourself all week.

cq

Night Fishing can be a major player in deep Thermocline Lakes;):cool:

Try hot side of Lake Anna. Water in the mid 90s right now and on the rise. Over a 100 by August.. Talk about boiled bass! Crazy spawning in Spring.

William, your lake doesn't count!! :lol: The hotside is not like anywhere else as far as water temperatures go!! Just wait until they get that 3rd reactor built!!

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back