Returning Tracker Owner - Old NTOWS Ghost

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Life is settling down enough for me to pop in and say hello to old Nitro/Tracker Owner friend as well as introduce myself to the rest of the Transom Talk crowd.

Name is Mark Hofman. Used to go by "MOFish" (More/Missouri Fish). I own/run a 2001 Tracker Tournament V-18 dual console with a 2002 Mercury 150XR6. Since leaving the old NOTWS forum, I've:
  • Been raising a son, who is now 4 1/2 and whose favorite thing to do (according to a pre-school craft project is "Go fishing with my dad." Talks a mile a minute, loves to drive the boat from my lap (idle speed only), and knows everything about everything when it comes to trains.
  • Graduated with an MBA.
  • Changed employers and put the MBA to work. I lead a team of nearly 50 individuals (including several deployed), which allowed my wife to temporarily retire from her job.
  • Struggled to get out with the boat more. I plan to go crappie fishing in April, but we'll see.
  • Got back into shooting big time. Am an avid pistol and AR-rifle guy.
I'm the guy that wrote the old NTOWS Grab Bag article on changing lower unit oil. That thing still triggers emails every spring.

So, "Hello!" to the old crew from days gone by. Hello to all others. I'll try to pop in more frequently, post pictures and share/commisurate about manly things.

Good to hear from you Mo. Life has way of getting in the way doesn't it? I went to Florida for a couple of years, sold the NITRO down there and now run a Ranger. CIII and I have rehabbed it from (and including) the axles up. Buried in the snow right now!!

Cq, thanks!

This is the "Long Winter," isn't it, Toxic? I was down in Jacksonville a week ago. It was hard to come back. Unfortunately, the old TV-18 hasn't gotten as much use as I'd like; but The Boy (that's what I typically call him) is getting to the age where he'll want to go out more and more, and I'm really looking forward to that. Thanks for replying.

Here's a video of The Boy taking the helm and driving us into the Marina at Table Rock:

Life is settling down enough for me to pop in and say hello to old Nitro/Tracker Owner friend as well as introduce myself to the rest of the Transom Talk crowd.

Name is Mark Hofman. Used to go by "MOFish" (More/Missouri Fish). I own/run a 2001 Tracker Tournament V-18 dual console with a 2002 Mercury 150XR6. Since leaving the old NOTWS forum, I've:
  • Been raising a son, who is now 4 1/2 and whose favorite thing to do (according to a pre-school craft project is "Go fishing with my dad." Talks a mile a minute, loves to drive the boat from my lap (idle speed only), and knows everything about everything when it comes to trains.
  • Graduated with an MBA.
  • Changed employers and put the MBA to work. I lead a team of nearly 50 individuals (including several deployed), which allowed my wife to temporarily retire from her job.
  • Struggled to get out with the boat more. I plan to go crappie fishing in April, but we'll see.
  • Got back into shooting big time. Am an avid pistol and AR-rifle guy.
I'm the guy that wrote the old NTOWS Grab Bag article on changing lower unit oil. That thing still triggers emails every spring.

So, "Hello!" to the old crew from days gone by. Hello to all others. I'll try to pop in more frequently, post pictures and share/commisurate about manly things.

Welcome back.... The firearms forum here is awaiting your arrival...lol

I'm trying to be more 'active' and the biggest problem is tracking NTOWS 'handles' to the folks here. Recognized MoFish immediately.

Greg, I may post something in the Firearms Forum. Had a few new recent acquisitions.

Latest posts

Back