CJL - Merrill creek

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Macaluso

Reaction score
Hey Chris

I need some information on Merrill creek. Is it county or state owned? I need to find if a permit is needed to have a tournament on the lake . I decided to cancel the Jackson tournament on Swartswood due lack of parking and am looking at Merrill Creek. Do you have a phone number of the office at the boat ramp ? The tournament will be in August

Tom,

A lot of confusion goes on around MC and Tourneys, many people think they have banned them, I spoke to every ramp attendant this summer and they all told me the same thing.

"If your going to have a tourney, at the time of weigh in go to the top of the Parking lot so you don't draw a lot of attention and block the area near the ramp".

I never heard of Permits for MC or for any lake for that matter until you told me about Assunpink, sounds like a NJ racket/ripp-off to me.

I'm going to find the link for you and post it, it will give you the exact time the gates will open for the day you have the tourney.

If you do have one there and you want to pre-fish let me know, I have some good spots there.

BTW-Can you tell that MC is my favorite place.

Chris

While I agree in part that the State has a bunch of scams . Such as raising the price of deer permits ! The tournament permits do serve a purpose . Certain lakes in the state such as Assunpink and Parvin down south are extremely popular for club tournaments early in the season . The permit systems limits the amount of clubs which can have tournaments on a given day . That is one of the reasons I mentioned that you might what to mentioned to Monty that they better not even think about having tournaments on Assunpink or Stone Tavern without permits . If they show up without a permit and another club or two are having tournaments that day I can guarantee there is going to be serious trouble . As far as fishing together this year count on it ! I really want to check out the ramp on the river . Also we can get together for Merrill Creek . It has got to be 5 years since I was up there and I use to fish it on a regular basis

Tom, Here's the link,

The ramp attendant will check every boat for the following.

Life Jackets,

must be at least 12' long

Boat Reg #'s

emergency phone #

Name

address

# of people on each boat

fishing or pleasure

live bait or artificial

If you made a list for each boat of the above,

I would bet it saves you a 1/2 hour at least to get tourney started,

OOPS Forgot the link, here it is, man that picture of MC is killing me!
http://www.merrillcreek.com/boatandfish.html

Latest posts

Back