Brakes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1999 Nitro 205 S/F - I just aquired this boat and the brakes on the trailer are not working at all. Single axle trialer. Is this standard on Nitro boats to have brakes or just certian lengths? I know of others that tow heavier boats with no trialer brakes so should I waste the time / money to have them redone or just pull it without brakes? What are your experiences? Thanks for the help.

What does not working so well mean? Wheels running free now and the brakes don't engage at all? What if they start working not so well by engaging and then not letting go? Fixing them is always the best option. If it was someone's after market add on, then I suspect the trailer would be good to go with add on brakes removed.

Trailer come with brakes. Wheels are now running free and I could always remove parts of the brakes so they will never "grab". Not fimiliar with boats of this length and was curious as to pulling it around town. I know they would help stop it, of course, just wanted to know if anyone pulled this length with no manufacturer installed brake system. Thank you for the above reply.

My wheel cylinders were seized when I bought my boat, so no brakes. It felt very heavy behind my truck and glad I didn't have to come to an abrupt stop taking it home. I replced the cylinders and adjusted the brake system, it trailers very nice now. I'm glad I did the work. Just my two cents.

My Nitro trailer has a pin that you put into the coupler to disengage the brakes for backing up. Not sure if yours does but it's worth checking for one.

Trailer brakes are a good thing. I would recomend fixing then, are they a must have? That also depends on what you are towing with? Just think about your saftey and those you might meet on the road.

BF

Latest posts

Back