Brakes for Trailstar trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Taylor

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 2011 Trailstar PT175-V3 trailer that came with my 2011 175TXW Tracker Bassboat.

I would like to fit the electric drum brakes to it, and was hoping someone who has the brakes fitted can tell me the Manufacturer of the brakes so i can order the correct ones. Tracker do not sell the kits, only install from new, so my only option is to order them from whoever makes them in the first place.

Thanks

Chris

you do not want electoric brakes,as the magnets and the surface they grab inside the drum will get rusty and not work properly,plus the magnets will short out given time. you need a hydraulic surge brake kit,disc brake prefered. coupler with master cylinder and reverse solenoid, the caliper mount,caliper,and rotor,plus the stainless steel brake tubing.champoin trailer sells the kits.

Thanks for the reply. I understand the different brake types and their operation, but I really need to go to the factory original style, which for these trailers was the electric drum brakes. I was hoping that someone had the $410 option fitted from new and could tell me the Drum brake manufacturer, and any model numbers if they were on the drum / backing plate.

Maybe someone pulled them off after they stuffed up and has easy access to the details.

trackerboats.com lists an option for trailer brakes, it doesn't say that they are electric. I've only seen surge brakes on boats, never electric. Maybe things are different in your hemisphere. The 175TXW is a pretty light package and I doubt many come with the brake option. Enjoy the boat and good luck in your search for brakes.

Tracker/Nitro use Tie Down Engineering surge disk breaks. You can do electric-over-hydraulic as opposed to surge, but it is very expensive. Eastern Marine has the surge kit for $389.95 then you would also need an actuator that produces 1200 psi or less for disc breaks. The actuators run about $600 average.

Latest posts

Back