boat review questions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I currently have a Fiberglass Targa 2000 with a Merc 225 EFI and a 4 stroke 15hp kicker. I Walleye fish a very large body of water that seems to be rough more days than not. I am looking into purchasing a new boat but have performance questions.

My Targa 2000 handles the rough water very well. Does anyone have experience with the new Targa 18's and how they handle rough water? Also curious about the Nitro 290 and how it handles rough water. A kicker motor is a must, has anyone mounted a kicker on the Nitro 290 yet? When I asked the salesman about a kicker on the 290 he didnt know for sure.

I really like the features of the new Targa 18, but am concerned about its rough water capability. Any experience out there from the field would be very appreciated.

I have also heard from numerous sources that Tracker will be making a similar fiberglass boat to the Targa I have now, or a new version of the Nitro 290 that will be much more fishing boat dedicated instead of fish and ski it is now.

Latest posts

Back