Boat Insurance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael S

Reaction score
I was just trying to get an idea on what some of you guys are paying for boat insurance......I am in a 17.5 ft tin with a 90.....I think my rates are a little high so I am just testing the waters......

Michael, I just paid $180 for this year on my Tracker 185 with a 90 Merc through Progressive. Don't remember what kind of coverage I have or how much my deductible is but I can look tonight after work.

I have progressive for my 93,17 foot Nitro. I pay $136 a year for execllent coverage.

fatrap

Sounds like I need to give progressive a call.....I am using the same people I have my home owners and car insurance with.....I am right at 210 a year. If my house and car premiums don't change if I take the boat off I might switch to progessive...

Thanks for the help guys

I would go with Progressive myself but they don't write in MA. I'm stuck with Boat US for about $250/year.

I insure mine through the same company as my house and autos - Amer. Family. $152/yr. for 19' Nitro with 150 hp Mariner.

TJ

I hear ya bruce. I pay over $300 for my 882 with a 150 on it. I have been shopping around and i really cant do any better than that. I thought about progressive too until i found out they dont do anything in MA.

I was told by my agent who writes in both Mass & NH that if you insure under your homeowners the rate is based on the size and value of the boat, motor and trailer. When I had my boat registered in Mass I had it under my Mass homeowners with Liberty Mutual and a 2000 Targa V17 w/60hp was $85 a year. My 2003 Pontoon Bass Buggy 18 is insured with same company under my homeowners in NH and that has a 40hp and runs me $72. Both were for replacement value -0- deductible and $1K for accessories and another $1K for personal items (Fishing gear). My new boat 2004 Ranger 180 w/150 Opti is also insured under my NH homeowners and is $325 a year -0- deductible and the same coverage as the other two rigs. When I called Progressive for a quote they wanted $650 to cover the Ranger for the same coverage's I got with Liberty Mutual.

Cass :)

Cass, you made me feel a lot better about what im paying now. Thanks :)

Good, I am happy that I made someone feel better today~

TFIG :)

you can't beet progressive, i pay less than 200. per yr.

i feel for you guys in MA.

GregD

I'm with Boat US. I'm at about $400 for a year with trailer and towing.

About 400 a year with Progressive. I had them insure fishing gear and everything though and the agreed value option if it were totalled.

Corey

I have it on my homeowners. 92 nitro 115HP. ~$125/year. for $500k liability, replacement value of $6k, and personal property(Tackle) of $100k. Yeah, I know......$100k worth of tackle....one has to leave room for expansion.....

$125/year for the PT185 with State Farm (same as auto insurance). Has anyone had a bad experience with Progressive not wanting to pay for "new" replacement parts? When I first bought my boat, the dealer recommended I avoid Progressive as they'd had more than a few incidents in the past year or two in which Progressive wanted them to fix damaged parts (specifically lower units) with remanufactured parts instead of new. Just curious if anyone has had that experience?

Latest posts

Back