Big Head bites during an overall Crappie time.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan J.

Reaction score
Got back last night from N FL and had a good trip, although we had a tornado touch down close by as I was almost home with a few houses damaged, but no one was hurt. (Thank God!) The fishing, weather, and hospitality was spectacular and I wanted to share a few pics from the Suwanee River basin.

IMGP1979.JPG

IMGP1981.JPG

10-4 (Good buddy! :lol: ) :wub:

IMGP1994.JPG

Neck deep in 13" and better Crappie. A 25 fish stringer bottomed out a 50lb. digital scale. :eek::D

It was a great trip! You folk in N FL, the water temps are mid 60's and the fish have put the feedbag on!! Good luck to you all! :)

Can't beat a 50 pound stringer of crappie. The closest I'll be to north Florida in the next couple of weeks is southern Vermont chasing deer!!

Nice fish! I can barely get a fish to bite right now!

Ya Tox, I dont want to hear any more whining from you that there aren't any fish in FL. Dan just put your stinky ars to shame.

Thanks for all the kind remarks! It really was a good trip. I really do love the winter trips to FL. I really, really love the food saver bags full of white crappie filets! :wub::lol:

Tox - You posted you were in VA the day I posted I was heading down to FL. :( We gotta get our schedules together this winter!! :cool:

Sandra (et al) - I stay in White Springs almost every trip and fish the river (Big Shoals), PCS, the plantation and a couple other spots every now and then. ;)

Glad you had a great trip and those slabs will be the best and the bonus Hawg to boot...

from your North Florida Chamber of Commerce.....:rolleyes:

O.h......m.y.

I think I just slobbered a bit on my keyboard looking at that string of crappie.

Beautiful fish, Dan.

When I lived In Okeechobee I usd to go up north fish the Johns river ..It was a hoot,In the 70s fishing has really slowed alot In south Fla since those days..Nice crappie Or Specs as they say...

Thanks again all. The funny part is that all the crappie caught were a bycatch from bass fishing and caught on big hard baits! :eek::wacko::blink: We were on a wicked jerkbait/crankbait bite (overcast to sunny with water temps in the mid 60's) and catching two or three big crappie to every bass. That's when we figured some of those critters were coming home for a nice warm bath. :lol:

Here are a few more pics from the trip:

IMGP1968.jpg

IMGP1973.jpg

IMGP1976.jpg

I love fishing in Florida and have been blessed to fish all over the state, but the N FL winter freshwater fishing is my favorite. Until our Dogwood trees show some life around home, I'll be making at least a monthly trip to some of the fantastic fishing down there!

JR - I really want to hook up with Tox this winter and show him some favorite places on the Oklawaha, St. John's, Rodman, George(s) and a few others in the S JAX/Palataka area. ;):D

And I am waiting for a call with baited breath!!:lol::lol: What are you fishing out of Dan? I can't make it out but it doesn't look like a Bass Boat. Is it your Carolina Skiff?

TOXIC

This last trip was with my buddy Matt and his 16' Skiff. (We trade off and on with who's rig we take.) When we take his we fish some of the smaller remote areas. Generally, we use my 19' Skiff for the bigger waters. It knows how to catch 'em, too.

IMGP1693.JPG

IMGP1692.JPG

Latest posts

Back