Back to the productive side of life....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
After a year of being laid off, sending out countless resumes, a handful of promising interviews, and hours of different companies pre-employment testing, I'm back to work...looking forward to a new start at Toyota Motor Manufacturing of West Virginia.

Eric

30 years ago, I did a year 'without' then started self employment I've done ever since. My son ended nearly 16 months about 6 months ago and is just now quitting to start self employment. I congratulate you for finding a manufactoring job with a good company at a time in history when most everybody else couldn't. Nice to be part of something instead of running solo and starting from scratch!

Congrads Eric. I too was unemployed once. I must say it was one of the best things that ever happened to me. My life went in a much better direction because of it. I am now 68 and I finally retired from earning money a few months ago. I still have much to do. I am now reinventing my life, again, and looking forward to the days God grants me in His service. I hope the best for you too. Oh, for 45 years my work has been helping people recover from lost jobs, displacement or disability,and helping compinies with leadership skills based on trust as apposed to compliance. Its been a great run for which I am thankful.

29 years with the Gooberment and I am counting down. What a great feeling to know that before too long, my life will finally belong to me. I started work at 13 years old (family owned business')and the longest I ever did not work a full time job was 6 weeks when I had a severe shoulder injury from thinking I was going to be a rodeo star:lol: I'm gonna be like the Griswold's and park a trailer in Mac or Mini's driveway every summer and fish St Clair till I can't stand anymore!! Then I'll hook it up and head to Big Dan's for the spawn on Lanier, then I'll wait for winter and find somewhere to park near Falcon or Amistad. That's my plan anyway:p

Congrats to you for becoming gainfully employed again.

Thanks to all for the encouraging words....it's been a long year, but thankfully, I was smart enough to live within my means, plus my wife works, so we stayed positive....all my buddies couldn't understand why I didn't think it was so great to have the whole last year off to fish and hunt....I told them, yes, it would have been nice if it would have been MY decision to stay home, but when your employer makes that decision for you, it sucks a$$.

Thanks again,

Eric

I'm IN! Let's GO!:lol:

AND that's (HOLLOW) but, pronounced "HOLLER";):lol:

Great. Nice to have that paycheck again. I guess I'm unemployed of sorts. Retired. Retarded take your pick.

fatrap

Good news. Toxic, if you ever get to Falcon or Amistad, please let me know. I've checked my schedule and I'm clear.

Latest posts

Back