Back in the Tracker fold...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Well, sort of. The boat says "Fisher" on the side, but it was made at a Tracker Plant.

It's a Fisher Hawk SC 160 (aka, Targa 165), with a Merc 90 four stroke. A leftover 06 that I managed to snag on an eBay auction. She's sleeping snuggly IN THE GARAGE.

Looking forward to trying her out.

Never thought I'd say it: I'm a tin man!

I knew you would see the light eventually! Congrats on the new toy!

Rich D

It was only a matter of time till you came around... And, that is a nice rig... able to do a lot of fishing... With a 90hp it also will do tubing and skiing duty... Welcome to the bright and shiny tin side...:D

Hey Rich, is it the boat that was at Guntersville? Good looking boat and I bet it can take some big water and I also bet it can scoot with that motor on it. It's really clean too. I'm certainly happy that you've "seen the light" and have decided to leave the dark side. You'll find yourself sleeping better at night; your wife and yourself will be on another honeymoon; the HOA will all stop by with expensive adult beverages and to congratulate you and inform you it wasn't anything to do with the boat sitting outside but that it was a GLASS boat. Now everything will be ok; fish will almost JUMP into the boat instead of swimming away screaming.. That's only a few of the advantages a "Tin" man has..Welcome Aboard.

Uncle Billy

Billy, yep, that was the one. Nice folks at Guntersville. They treated me really well.

As for the HOA, I expect they'll find another reason to get on my case. :)

Congrats on the new boat! I wish I had one that would fit in the garage. When you go to sell, look me up.

MAN, Rich and I have TRULY switched sides!! In 2000 I met rich and we first fished out of my 2000 tracker PC 175, later that year we fished out of his Nitro 170, then the next year or so we fished out his Nitro 700lx, then we hit the road to the 2004 NTOWS rally both towing our boats. I bought his 700lx in 2005, he got the sprint and now the Fisher!!

Great boat Rich, want to see pics and specs when you run her, can't wait to find time and be in town to get up to Lanier this summer/fall and fish out of that new boat!!

Congrats!!

Trep

Rich... share my last e-mail with Trepper... I sent that from my phone so I don't have a copy... I think he would appreciate the "sentiment"....:p

Tin Rules!

Glass drools....except that basses love them sparkles...

Just joking. I have an illness called cars and I can't seem to keep one. This is my 3rd summer with the Triton so I don't seem to have the same illness with boats. Thank goodness or I would be broke!

Jeanne and I took the new rig to Lanier this morning for a tryout and a bit of fishing. It was great.

Calm and flat when we first launched. Gave us a chance to appreciate the quiet sound quality of the Merc four stroke. Planed easily, handled smoothly at all speeds. By early afternoon, the wind was gusting pretty hard and kicked the lake into messy one and two footers. It's interesting to experience the different feel of a deep v hull. It did a great job of cutting the chop and making landings feel soft. No slapping. We stayed dry the entire time Jeanne was piloting, then I managed a bit of spray while we were quartering into the wind and a steep chop.

The boat's ride and handling exceeded my expectations. Jeanne gave it a thumbs up. She has a bad back, and appreciated that we were in somewhat rough conditions and she wasn't suffering any discomfort. That's a huge plus for us.

The wind beat us up a few times while on the trolling motor. Although we've had a Minn Kota power drive before, it does take some getting used to after spending a lot of time on a traditional, manual pedal. The boat was very comfortable to move around and fish out of. Storage is adequate, and everything is easy to get to.

Found a couple of minor items to adjust, nothing important.

Overall, a really big thumbs up.

And the boat is back in the garage, with the door closed.

Very cool Rich... congrats... I am glad you are pleased with your boat... how about performance, speed?

Greg, I backed off at 40mph (gps) because the RPMs were tickling 6000 and it felt like there was more to go, but it was cold and Jeanne was sitting in the wind. The prop (aluminum) may be an inch or two short on pitch. The Sprint had a ton of trim range, and this boat seems like a smaller range. More seat time required, particularly with the trim.

Latest posts

Back