Anybody Use their Smoker for Easter?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
I did a fresh turkey. Just took it off and letting it rest for 4:00pm serving...

Brined it overnight and smoked it today... mmmmmmm good

got a jake with the powerstroke last week tasted a bit like tires and diesel.

fatrap:wacko:

Easter lunch this year was a Chicken Salad Sandwhich - nothing special. Haven't smoked a 'big bird' in quite a long while. I certainly want to try the 'brining' technique, but haven't yet.

Tex

TT... try it with just a breast.... A quart or so of water, 2 C of brown sugar, 1 1/2 C of Sea Salt, 2C of white wine... Bring that to a boil until salt and sugar are dissolved... Add 5 bay leaves, some fresh ground pepper 1/4tspn, 2 chopped cloves of garlic, pour into stock pot and add water to cover bird or breast (double recipe for a whole bird) refrigerate overnight and smoke breast 4-6 hours at 200-225 till temp is 155 and then remove and let stand 30 minutes wnole bird will take another hour or so... do not stuff and you can use a poultry rub as well

Thanks Greg. I'll use this and certainly give it a try. I have a couple of birds in the Freezer, and been wanting to try this.

Tex

Greg...I haven't tried brining yet, but everything I've read says the brine has to be COLD before you dunk the bird...do you do that? notice a difference?

thanks,

az

Brining is in the downstairs (my) refrigerator. While I have to boil to get it dissolved (sugar and salt) I do use ice water to cover the bird.

Latest posts

Back