any interest in a swap meet / tournament for MA or New England people?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
Just going through the member list and was wondering if anyone had any interest in a friendly tournament / swap meet.

I know it isn't easy for everyone to get together on one day, just thought I'd throw out the idea.

Any takers?

Maybe a trip to Winni....

Like maybe a mini-rally on Champlain at the end of May!?!?

Bob G.

Bob, did I miss something? Is this already planned and I'm just a dope....

Bruce,

It started out as me going home during the week of Memorial Day to fish Winni with Curtis and run up to Champlain for the weekend to visit Rob, Buzz and Bob G. while I was there.

It has since grown into a mini rally. It's been mentioned here many times. Rob has offered to host a BBQ at his house. Since a few folks already plan to attend, it wouldn't hurt if they all wanted to bring a few things they don't need anymore and see if anyone would be interested in a swap. Good idea.

I do remember it now. Sorry, wasn't thinking that early in the season.

Not sure if I'll be healed up by then. I'll check the calendar for work and give it a go.

I'll blame this one on the meds :)

Bruce,

if you want to talk about somthing for later in the season i would be in. i can't make it up to champlain, beside i cant imagine going there for a tourny with out some serous time on the water. that is one mean body of water. they were forcasting 4/6' swells over the weekend. that is not for me !

GRegD

I live near Champlain and 4 to 6 footers are not for me either since I only fish for fun!!! LOL!

Bob G.

I would be in for something later in the season as well.

4-6? Was that all? Jee, the seemed bigger when I was out there. So what's the problem? LOL

Rob,

Not all of us can drive our boats at WOT in 4 to 6 footers like you!!! Oh yea, my back doesn't hurt either!!! LOL!!!

Bob G.

I don't go WOT. Those of us who KNOW how to run big water and ain't scared of it, now you CAN'T run WOT. And my back was in rough shape before I ever started fishing. Tourneys didn't help it any.....but still!

Bingo Rob, i run rough stuff a lot myself and i coldnt have said it better. Anyone who claims they can run 4' waves in a bass boat at wot is either lying or has been sniffing glue. Running rough stuff is all about paitence and boat control and never about speed.

only going on my second season in the bass boat. i don't want to see anything bigger than 3-4'. found them on winni last year. ran them with no problem but i would not want to see anything bigger in my boat.

two yrs ago i was on lake george on my personal water craft (yes, i know everybody hates them. i owned two of them and was a bass fisherman go figure).

and there was 4+' and it was wild. i would have hated to be in a tourny that day.

GregD

Greg, you must have fished the same day I did... we bagged a tourny that day, I kept my $100 in my pocket.

Anyone interested in a June date?

Im in as long as its not on the 5th or the 26th, i have tournaments on those days.

I'm on vacation the other 2 weekends (so far), so it looks like June is out. Have I mentioned I hate working Sundays!

i have a tourny on june 13 at lake chargoggagoggmanchauggauggogoggchaubunagungamaugg. better none as Webster lake.

Jim,Bruce do you have any insight in this lake ??

GregD

Greg - I have fished this lake for over 10 years now. It's a great spot to fish if you know where, unfortunately I haven't been on this year at all. Are you looking for smallies or larry's?

I could come up with a couple spots for ya if you have the map...

Sorry Greg, i cant help you there. I persoanlly dont care for it so i dont bother to fish there.

Bruce,

looking for larry's for the weight, but both will do just fine.

i have never been down there, i here the lake is very busy with boat/jetski traffic. i would like to find a couple of out of the way spots.

i didn't get your email. do you mind sending it again?

[email protected]

Thanks

GregD

That's funny, I got a reply :)

It is very busy, and like most other lakes, the people that live on the lake think they own it...

thanks for the map, i will put it to good use.

if you ever make your way up to Bow lake in NH. let me know. i have a summer house there and can give some good info on were to get them.

GregD

Latest posts

Back