a question about trucks and such

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF WHITE

Reaction score
friend of mine is looking into a new tow/work vehicle.he has a 95 f-350 now,needs one for his own buisness,he has looked at a dodge with a hemi,a dodge with a cummins diesel,a ford with the 6.0 ,and a ford with a v-10,all standards.he doesnt like chevy so they arent even in the question.

any feedback on any of the vehicles?the good,bad and ughly?

I just had a similar conversation with a club buddy this weekend. He talked specifically about the Hemi vs Cummings Diesel. He, and some of the friends of his he has talked with, both agreed that the Dodge with the Cummings diesel, would provide both the power and longevity that he wanted from a tow vehicle. The Hemi was nice, but he/they thought that the diesel had a better overall performance for towing.

Tex

I absolutely agree with TT.

The hemi and V-10 will be gas hogs.

The Cummins deisel will give great towing capacity, probably twice the fuel mileage and twice the engine life. And NO spark plugs to replace!

me!

Search back a bit, Mike Snow and I had a little conversation about the 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel. I am getting a 3/4 ton Chevy with the Duramax Diesel if I can work out the right deal. I don't particularly like Chevies either but I'm buying the truck to last and it just so happens that chevy is leading that catagory right now. You have got to be open minded and look at everything.

TOXIC

The Hemi gets better gas mileage then the 5.9 V8 or the V10.

My HEMI pulls my 929 just fine and i get about 13 - 14 MPG. Its really nice when your gettin on the expressway too, gets you up to speed in a hurry LOL

Mike

The cummins gets about 18 mpg while towing or not (my Tracker pt 17). I have a buddy who was one that has a few "upgrades" (exhaust work,ect) and is getting over 350 hp from his now. It will smoke the tires in all gears! I have seen it. Plus with the "upgrades" it will smoke alot of stock muscle cars from 1 to 4, after 100mph hes toast because of the limiter.

Donnie

Latest posts

Back