A GREAT, TERRIBLE LAST DAY FOR THE SEASON!!!!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Greifer

Reaction score
So I decide to head out on Saturday afternoon for about an hour or two. Found some GREAT schools and got into them really good on deep cranks (Strike King 6XDs). Stayed there for 4 hours and was feeling GREAT about how my season ended.

I load up the boat on the trailer, start to bid the ramp farewell and then BOOM!!! SCRAAAAAPE!!!! I honestly thought my boat fell off of my trailer. Looked in the rearview and the boat was still there. Jumped out of the Rover and went to check on my boat. Bracket for the axle completely snapped off and my passenger wheel well is sitting on the tire of my trailer. Had to leave it at the ramp overnight, and have it towed this morning.

I WOULDNT WISH THIS ON MY WORST ENEMY!!! Please view the pictures with caution, EXTREMELY DISTURBING CONTENT!!!!!!!!!

My QUESTION is, WHERE CAN I GET A NEW or USED NITRO TRAILER FOR a 1997 700LX???? Someone PLEASE help me out here. Insurance will pay, just want a Nitro trailer. Any thoughts??? Thanks fellas (and ladies)!!!

IMG_2474.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

A couple from the day, when it was still a good day.

IMG_2457.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG

Last Monday or Tuesday there was a single axle Tracker or Nitro trailer for sale in So. Wilmington,IL. It looked like it was made for a bass boat. The bunks looked wider apart than they are on my PT185 trailer. The trailer was in a yard along the main road (Rice Rd.) that goes thru So. Willy.

If I remember correctly it was east of John's bait shop. Maybe this will help you.

Did the leaf spring break off? i would bet the insurance would try to replace the springs and axle. What river were you on?

It is the bracket that holds the axle. Pretty ugly when I looked at it underneath. If they fix it, great. Just want her to be safe and sound again!

I wasnt on a river. That was Whalon Lake, a small forest preserve lake in Bolingbrook, IL. Its a quarry that they filled in and stocked 2 years ago. Nice place close to the house to get out. ALWAYS catch fish, but electric motor only.

Really sorry to read and see pics of your rig like this. The only good thing I can think of is that you weren't on the road when it happened. I can only imagine what may have occurred if that were the case.

Just out of curiosity, what year is the trailer? Guess I'll crawl under mine and look closer at the axle brackets.

Trailer is a 97. Yes, make sure you check it out. I store mine inside always and the frame was rusted through in a lot of areas. And speaking with insurance today, it is sounding like they arent going to cover it. Waiting to hear back from them later today.

Yea, watched mine go down the road on a rollback not too long ago, for a different reason, and it is not something anyone wants to see. I was told you have to go through Tracker to get the Nitro trailer, around $3700 shipped, 4-6 weeks delivery.

$3700 for one of their trailers?????? Thats crazy. You can get customs made for $2500. I have found some online. Ill post some pics when I pick it up

Latest posts

Back