A few of us GOTTA have this....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Is this the best sign ever or WHAT?!!! LOL!!

pic22549.jpg

I likey!:D

The SPENDULOUS package is the same ol' same ol':unsure:

Only a Ford is strong enough to carry a bumper sticker that big!! :lol::wacko::lol::wacko::lol::wacko:

In my many years of paying attention [concern/caring], I can't ever remember a president that has been caught in so many switcheroos this early in his presidency.

Just for the record, any bailout built solidly [or not] on increased credit or printing more money is doomed to fail.

Gotta google it to find out where I can get one. Smaller version perferably.

fatrap

Unfortunately with the new porkulus bill and Barry's ideas we're stuck with his version of "change". I just wonder how long it's going to take Americans to realize they've been had by a slick campaign. Of course most of us on the forum knew this guy was a phoney all along.

Great sign!

I'm like a lot of others. Our current President is in so far over his head, no amount of life preservers or Navy Rescue Divers are going to be able to save him.

Again, the ONLY CHANGE that they are interested in is, getting whoever is in - OUT!

Every time I hear about the 'mess' that he has inherited, I want to remind him, that the Democrats have been in full charge of the House and Senate the past 2 years (really 4 years) - of which he was a member. This boatload that he has inherited, in large part, was inherited from his own party. Seems to me he was a member of the Senate the past 4 years. Oh yeah, I forgot. Really wasn't there to do anything, but to have a base to run for President with.

And just wait till the gas prices start really rising in about 3 months. Post Turtle.

Tex

Hoover was my grandads second cousin. Grandpa also said Herbert got the blame for what was set in action before he got in office.

I will bury both my guns before I register them

fatrap

Hoover was not blamed for causing the Depression. He was rightfully blamed for letting people wallow in misery while he and his ilk insisted on letting the "marketplace" work things out for itself. That's OK if you are the president and don't have to worry about where your next meal is coming from.

He said he "wouldn't take away our shotguns, rifles or handguns".....he did NOT say that he would keep ALL of them legal....as in "Anything that currently holds MORE than 5 shells!"

I've heard many times from people in the firearms business, that his proposals include making EVERYTHING that holds (5) or more shells ILLEGAL. My Ruger 10/22 would be illegal...my .17HMR would be ILLEGAL,..my 870 pump shotgun would be ILLEGAL,..etc..etc. ALL of my pistols would be illegal....WTF?

I just don't trust a guy to protect my "rights" who will also nominate for Attny Gen. a man who is EXTREMELY Anti-Gun. There's a coyote in the hen house!!:angry:

sorry...multiple posts.....our stupid internet is really :angry: me off today!!

The bill was filed by Bobby Rush. I don't see Obama's name on it anywhere. The bill is fundamentally flawed, but I don't see anywhere in the bill that Rush wants to take your guns away.

Then you obviously haven't read it. The bill demands federal registration, liscensing, and restriction of availabilty of specific firearms. Saying Obama has no part in this is like saying the sun is gone because you've covered your eyes. Joe Biden, Obama's choice for VP, was the original author of one of the most restrictive anti-gun bills in history. His views have only become even more anti-gun. You don't think Obama knew that??? :wacko:
http://glassbooth.org/explore/index/joe-biden/2/gun-control/9/

I have read it. Where does it say anyone is going to take our guns away?

Look, no legislation is going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, but making false claims about a bill as bad is this one does no good to protect our Second Amendment rights. Argue against what the bill says, not what some Rush Limbaugh wannabe says it says.

Well I only own a bb gun and a rubber band gun so the Feds don't have to come looking at my house.;)

Obama is going to have a lot more to worry about than firearms when the terrorist try him out. Real soon I'm afraid. Suddenly living in a low population area doesn't seem to bad.

fatrap

Here's just one example to satisfy your request: Title one states that we (law-abiding, citizen gun owners) must be licensed, (and pay a repetitive fee to the govt.) take and hold records, and submit them at the govt.'s request, or be deemed a criminal. All on my dime (license fees/taxes), plus the guaranteed bureaucratic spending (more tax money sent to the Tidy Bowl Man) to support the office that will distribute and enforce all of these CHANGEes forced on the overwhelming majority of law abiding gun owners. That spells it out pretty simple to me. Anything impeding the securities laid out to citizens in the second ammendment is an attack on our constitution and an afront to the thousands whom have died to insure that right. I do agree that this bill shouldn't have a chance, but we'll just have to wait and see how much tweaking and @ss-kissing goes on with revised attempts while the power sits in one party's lap.
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45.IH:

Point to my post: If you fail in many parts of this legislation, (let's say USPS loses an application or some other BS paperwork is misfiled, lost, etc.) you can be found criminal. If convicted, as a felon you cannot own guns. You've supplied them with records as to how many, what type of guns, etc., which makes it pretty easy to show up to your now criminal occupying address and seize your guns. Ipso facto: violate this bureaucratic legislation and they will take your guns. Or maybe try.....

I would say Obama's commitment to reinstating the "assault weapons" BAN and comments on banning handguns while he was in the Illinois State house says it all. The guy will sign a gun ban bill if it makes it to his desk. If you also choose to believe we can spend a trillion dollars to get out of a recession and Obama is pro 2nd Amendment that's fine but don't try and sell it here. If Government spending was successful in driving an economy the Soviet Union would not have crapped out.

"Here's just one example to satisfy your request: Title one states that we (law-abiding, citizen gun owners) must be licensed, (and pay a repetitive fee to the govt.) take and hold records, and submit them at the govt.'s request, or be deemed a criminal."

But the bill does not say they are going to come take your gun away. That is my point. People are claiming that this administration is going to take their guns away, but noone has shown any evidence that is going to happen.

I worry about people crying wolf and, when a bad bill like this one comes up, gun owners will not be listened to because we will all be considered "gun nuts."

"The guy will sign a gun ban bill if it makes it to his desk."

Wow, where did you get your crystal ball?

"If you also choose to believe we can spend a trillion dollars to get out of a recession and Obama is pro 2nd Amendment that's fine but don't try and sell it here."

I'm sorry, I thought his board was based in America where we have the right to express a view that is not popular.

Did you miss my immediate follow up post or does the simplicity of it directly answering your query crush your theory that no guns will be seized??? Simply connect the dots through the bill and you'll find the eventual individual gun seizure at the end of it. What do you think would happen to a gun owner in violation of or refusal to adhere to this bill???

People are claiming that this administration is going to take their guns away, but noone has shown any evidence that is going to happen.

Two words: Joe Biden

You can keep your head in the sand or wherever else you have it. Time will tell how this all plays out.

Jokingly, I just wish you wouldn't peddle crazy here. We're all full up! :lol: :p ;) :D

Biden also claims he was an author of the 1994 assualt ban. I wonder why we believe this Administration would ban guns? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

OK, I'll drop it. If I am proven wrong I will admit it, but I just don't think the sky is falling.

THIS JUST IN... THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!! LOL

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Very interesting reading, I just wish I could

afford to buy a handgun. Unfortunately, I have too many bills to worry about, kids

that need clothes, food, school supplies, etc..

I wish I had a gov job so I could get paid for sitting on my $%^. But, I'm a

blue collar worker that is barely holding on to my job because of the economy. I'm

on reduced hours, as well as my wife. Now I'm looking at what I have to sell so

that I can stay in my house.

You'll excuse me if I don't care about whether or not President Obama is coming to

take my guns. Lets get real people, a lot of hard working Americans are in trouble,

and its only getting worse. Maybe we should all work harder on figuring out how to

fix this crisis, rather than blundering about something that may or may not happen.

KW,......the more the economy faulters..the HIGHER the crime rate is going to rise! Everybody is hurting.....just be sure you can adequately protect what you have!!

KW, if you don't like this thread start one of your own! Of course there are other things most of us are worried about but right now the subject of our new President and the Second Amendment seems to be the discussion.

I don't own a firearm but due to this recession I'm working on getting one as soon as I can. Even now there are just too many home invasions around everywhere that should concern any man if he wants to properly take care of his family.

If you think Government workers just sit on their a$$ and get paid for it maybe you should have tried to get one of those jobs shouldn't you? Who's fault was that? You obviously don't seem to think that there are Blue Collar gov't. jobs? I think, had you taken one of those 'soft' gov't. jobs you would have found out different about who works and who doesn't!! That statement of yours was asinine at best and I really mean no offense but you should have thought it out before you said it!

Uncle Billy

I am contracted into the US Army and if you think thats all we do is sit on our butts with white collar jobs then you have another thing coming. We are at war and the guys in our shop (REDCOM/TARDEC Detroit Arsenal) have been working a minimum of 10 hours for over a year, most doing 7 days.

What we make goes straight to theater and is solely designed to protect soldiers lives.

Becareful where you start throwing stones, for some throw bigger ones back!

Other than that, have a nice day!

Likewise, I'm government (Fed) and I would be very careful making "broad brush" statememts. It may not be well received. I'll trade my job, travel, danger level, family stress, etc., for a "sit on your @ss job anyday. I work for my pay.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back