2007 opti 200 cutting out

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Herbert

Reaction score
I took the boat out Monday am, would take off great, jump out the the water and right up on pad. once the engine got trimmed up and rpms got close to 4500 4800 the engine would shut down, the pop right back on, like you were shutting the key off and right back on. I could slow down to a idle, trim the motor back down, floor it and jump right back on pad, but again it started cutting out. runs great at any rpm other than full speed?? Any ideas

The potential problem with the fuel line is what you can't see on the inside.

FuelHose.jpg

I'd contact a dealer. You may get some ideas from them. Could be anything. How's your gas. Is it fresh? Check tell tale and water pressure. Could be overheating?

Ok took your advise and took it to the dealer! Guess what, the inside of the fuel lines were all apart and clogging my fuel flow, said they replaced the lines from the tank to the engine and even the pick up inside the tank, took it to the river and ran for 20 mins with no problems!! Yea I get my 74mph 901 cdx sc back!!!! They didn't even charge me a dime, If anyone is in the market for a New or used boat, ONLY go to Days Boat Sells in Frankfort KY!!!!! top notch sales and service. I have owned Ranger, Skeeter, Procraft, and now Nitro, They have by 300% always exceeded my expectations and keep my fishing!!!

Good for you and glad you got it before something very bad happened!! Question now for everyone is...How long will the ethanol r-e-s-i-s-t-a-n-t lines hold before they too need replacing.

Not sure, prob not long cosidering the inside of mine had the bubble filled up. Its only got 99 hours on it. I will use seafoam and carbon cleaner from now on!!!!

5baslmt what prop do you have on your boat? What is your top rpm and how is your home shot with full livewells? I'm looking to see about getting a different prop thanks.

Latest posts

Back