2003 Tracker Tournament V-18 with 75 Merc. Opinions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Pennington2

Reaction score
I am looking at a 2003 Tracker Tournament V-18 25th Anniversary Edition with a 75 hp. Mercury. The boat is in very good condition with little use. I think this is just the standard package boat with 2 graphs and a cover. My question is how does this boat perform with a 75 merc. on it. I know the boat is rated for a 150. What do you guy's think a boat like this is worth? Are these good boats? Are there any weeknesses I sould be looking for? I would appreciate any feedback.

I currently own a 2003 PT185 with a 90 Merc on it. Fully loaded with 2 adults it will run about 42-43 on a calm day. I don't beleive the 75 will do much worse than that. As for quality, I have had 0 issues with my boat and I do use it quite a bit here in MD.As for value I have no idea. Check some of the book values.

I have a TV18 with a 150...I anticipate u will have some hole shot issues with that 75, especially fully loaded down. Once on plane u should be OK, but I think its gonna take awhile to get there..

Well the guy is asking $9000.00 but said he would take $8500.00 because the batteries are the originals and the prop is dinged up. NADA was showing it around $7000.00 so his price is a little high. I haven't seen the boat in person yet. But I think I will keep looking. If it had a 150 on it then it might be worth that much. Thanks for the feedback, sounds like most people that own these boats really like them. I am not a tournament fisherman, just looking for a boat to fish with my kids and my dad. I would love to hear more feedback about the tournament v-18's.

We love our TV18, it's a 2005, we bought ours used 2 years ago with a 115 Optimax. Hole shot is okay, but I do wish it would have come with the 150. My personal opinion is that the 115 is about the lowest I would go on this boat. I am a big guy though (300+lbs) and my dad isn't small either. So you're mileage may vary :p! Only thing about the TV18 (or any lightweight aluminum for that matter) is that it's rather hard to handle in the wind, but I've never been on a heavy glass boat in the wind before so I have nothing to compare it to. We got ours for 10k in California (where everything is more expensive :unsure: )

ITA47-

I have a 2000 TV-18 with a 2001 90hp...

It jumps right out of the hole loaded with 2 fisherman...

I love the boat...still no reason to replace it...

The ONLY thing that irritates me is the fact that the forward compartment lids are not water-tight...if you're out in the rain, your gear will get wet...the includes the under seat storage as well...

just a heads up...

az

ITA47, I have a 2005 TV-18 with a 115 Opti, bought it new and love it. I used to have an 884 Savage with a 150 EFI and loved that boat too. Mine jumps out of the water and it is great for all kinds of fishing. I am basically a bass tournament guy but still get into some crappie and bule gills from time to time. My children have all loved fishing from it and I have even (cringe) bulled a tube from time to time! It handles all very well and it great. I have upgraded the trolling motor to a 74 MinnKota and am sooooo glad I did. My partner has the big boat for when we need it, a 929 with a 225 Opti. He calls mine the sports car cause it jumps up on plane almost immediately. Naturally his will "eventually" catch mine and be gone but what can you expect. If you kids are small and you're not going to be fishing too many tourneys you may want to look at an TV-18 All-fish. It has a lower deck area making it a little safer for the little ones if they are on the younger side!

Randy!

Latest posts

Back