1 fish

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Corrigal

Reaction score
As an answer to your question about heat and line...if the temp is only 100 degrees, you should be okay..if the temp is over 140 or 150, I could see it having adverse reactions to the properties of the line.

The thermometer hit 108 last week. The boat is in direct sun, and that cover traps the heat pretty good. The reason I am asking is I had berkley Sensithin line on my reels, but I kept breaking the line at the hook on the hookset. Some folks here pointed me towards p-line, I tried was very satisfied for a while, but Then I started to break the line again at the hook. I was just wondering if the heat had degraded these lines. The p-line was fluorocarbon copolymer. I have started storing all my rods and baits in the garage for now.

I don't know about the P-Line but have used Sensithin. It is imperative that you lubricate the line before cinching it down or it "burns" the line causing weakness. You can tell if this happens by the line curling a little just above the knot. I have had my best luck with the Triline knot. The Palomar is also a good knot to use.

What we need in the grab bag is a description with ILLUSTRATIONS for all the knots.....

Or does anyone know of a good web site so that we can ask Rich to post a link?

me?

Latest posts

Back