04 nx898 planning issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Rose

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2004 Nitro nx 898 with a 200hp xr6. The prop is a 24p Fury with the PVS. Does anyone know the best configuration for the plugs to help get the boat on plane? It is a bit slow getting on plane with just me. But this weekend I had a few 8 year olds in the boat and it took forever to get on plane.

Thanks

Mike

I have a 04 nx750 and moved my motor up two notches and that helped my planing issue and steering was much better

I have a 2004 898DC and don't have any problems with planing. I have a Mercury 200HP as well. What I've learned is to have my motor trimmed all the way down on take-off and it gets up quick--even when I'm by myself and with my fishing buddy who weighs ~220 lbs. You git a jack plate?

NJD

Thanks no I don't have a jackplate I do keep the engine all the way down though. I am going to try a 23p prop and keep experimenting

Before you buy the prop, have your RPM's checked at WOT. There is a tag on the motor that states max RPM, you want to be pushing that number at WOT. By knowing MAX RPM, your local shop can get you into the right prop. In most cases in my experience, 1 jump in pitch will +/- 400 - 500 rpkm's. Also, as a new owner make sure you thump it, don't accelerate slow. Trim down and let her rip.

Latest posts

Back