'04 NX 898

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Sheets

Reaction score
This is my first time on this board, this is a nice site. But anyway. Im ordering this boat next week. This will be my first NITRO, i own a Javelin at this time. Living in the louisiana delta ,being in fresh, brackish and salt water by a twenty minute boat ride, i do not wont a boat with carpet, but also dont want to lose my bass boat and this was the way to go. Not having to many to choose from, i chose this over a triton because of affordability.

Anyone own or know someone with this boat. Pros and cons. Getting a 200 XR6 with this boat. Im wondering what type of settup yall fellow nitro owners run on a 20' boat. Prop,jackplate? I checked one out at the dealer and it was a nice boat, looking forward to getting it

THANKS

Welcome!! You will love that rig. "I" would get the salt water trolling motor if you plan on spending very much time in the brackish or salt water. Might even consider it on the big motor. As far as setup I'll let the pro's (Pat Goff and Bob B.) give you the setup/prop tips. Again, welcome, glad to have you on board as a member.

TOXIC

Pat -

For the person who fishes stricktly fresh water...

Are there any disadvantages to "no carpet"?

me!

I like the snap-in carpet idea where you can take it out when desired.

Thanks for the advice, I was planning on getting the saltwater trolling motor. As for as the Motor i was thinking about getting an EFI, now i will deffinitly get it. Them things got some power.

Thanks Again.

Latest posts

Back