Bought a Nitro Savage this week

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Bennett2

Reaction score
I bought a 97 884 Savage with a Merc 150 EFI with a cooks jack plate on it and would love any ones feed back on it Well except the bashing it is what I can afford with a family. Was very well taken care of with all service records and clean as could be. Going to have to do a little polishing from some oxidazation, but other than that in great shape. I always owned a boat but small little twenty horse deals so this is all new to me, little nervous on the first run which will be hopefully in a month if ice out ever happens. I help run a small bass club and I fish Massachusetts Federation Team trail with a friend that has a 750 Nitro with a 125 and that has always got us where we wanted to go. Oh well I rambled enough just would like to say Nice Board

Craig, congrats on the new boat. I have heard nothing but good things about the 884. Did you buy the boat at marine usa? I saw an 884 savage in there when i was in the shop in dec, looked like a nice boat in really good shape. Im sure they are plenty of 884 owners here that can chime in on that specific boat too. Welcome to the board as well, you wont get the bashing here that you get other places. All the people here "get IT" as i like to put it, its all about fishing and not whatever boat you have. If you ever have any questions/problems this is a great place to come, the group here is a very helpful bunch.

I own an 882, the sister boat to the 884 and i really love mine. I run it a lot on winni and the bigger lakes up north. Who do you fish the mass fed with? I am also in the Mass fed, i dont fish alot of the trail but i have been to the last 6 championships and will be there this year too. You may be able to take that boat out soon, i hear the ice on the cape is getting real close.

Oh, different "Craig"...LOL I thought my tourney partner bought a boat and was holding out on me.

Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the board. How come there's more New England members joining the board AFTER I moved to MI???

Marke

Welcome to the Board, Craig!

I, too, have heard nothing but good about the 884's!

Craig, the only bashing that ever matters is the bashing YOU do about your own boat. Besides, no one here is gonna bash you for buying a Nitro. We either all have done it (bought a Tracker/Nitro), are thinking about doing it, or have no life and just want to start trouble by talking bad about them.

I have a 98 884 savage, great boat. You will love it. They take a good beating and keep working for you. It handles the rough stuff like a bigger boat. You will be very happy.

Latest posts

Back