Z19 console power

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2021 Z19. Console power button sometimes comes on, sometimes won't. When it does come on, turning on the bilge pump or horn immediately shuts it down. Sometimes the livewells will work, usually they shut it down too. Bass Pro Shops replaced the touch panel, but that didn't help. Driving me nuts!

2021 Z19. Console power button sometimes comes on, sometimes won't. When it does come on, turning on the bilge pump or horn immediately shuts it down. Sometimes the livewells will work, usually they shut it down too. Bass Pro Shops replaced the touch panel, but that didn't help. Driving me nuts!
Did you get this fixed? What was the issue? My 2017 Z21 is doing the samething. In addition my trim would randomly go down. It will keep running once as if I was holding the trim down button even though I wasn't.

The short version is that no, I haven't figured this out. But it gets a little more strange. I suspected that the problem was with the console power button, so I ordered a new one. While I was waiting for it to arrive, the problem suddenly went away, and everything is working fine. I still bought the new power button ($160!) and will replace it if the problem comes back. Maybe something to do with the cooler temperatures now. Please let me know if you figure it out. I took it back to Bass Pro Shops twice and they had no idea what was wrong.

As to your problem with the trim, I think that's an unrelated problem, because the outboard is wired directly to the cranking battery. I had a similar issue with a Mercury EFI on a Triton that I owned. The motor would trim up for no reason. That turned out to be a bad relay in the motor. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back