why????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
why will my printer work everytime...except...when i need it to pring off a huge report due at school tomorrow????

BJ...

That is caused by the "critical needs sensor"... If you are wihin 6-8 feet of the printer and it is able to sense that you have a critical need for the printer to work properly it will not. At all times, you must approach the printer in a very casual manner...never letting it sense you NEED the printer to work properly.

Hope this highly technical explanation helped.

maybe your spooler is not set.

go to; control panel, printers and faxes, right click on your printer, select properties, advanced tab, make sure radial button for spooler is selected, also pstart printing immediately and make sure print spooled items first and enable advanced printer features are checked.

Good luck...

P.S. If this doesn't help, reread Greg Meyer's post again. It has some credence.

If you don't have enough of a certain type of memory on your computer then bigger jobs won't print all at once. Try typing out a few pages at a time until you see how much data your computer will hold "temp" stuff for printing. I am no computer guru at all, just a kentucky hillbilly so use my advice with caution.lol but that is something I experianced in the past. Good luck, Clark

I was thinking the same thing that Clark said. HOWEVER, BJ, if you're anything like my son, Andy, a huge report is 3 paragraphs. ;>)

Try doing just a page or two and see what happens, if that doesn't help try rebooting your printer. There may be some old garbage stuck in the spool manager. On second thought, do that first.

Harpo

ummmm..lol harpo..this is 35 pages total!!!! (double spaced)

Greg was right!!!!! It just sensed that i needed to get it done (at midnight last night).

It was telling me it was a paper jam, but there was no paper. I just cancelled teh print and put the paper in again. then it just gave me blank pages. so i turned it, turned it back on, closed the document, opened the document...and it printed! all 35 pages

Yeah right....double spaced and a 64 point font.

Happy your'e printing OK it's amazing what a little reboot can do.

Harpo

No, harpo i'll email it to you! it really is 35 pages!!!!

Its my autobiography, 12 font, double spaced!

Back