Where to mount the charger in my 882

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Im picking up my nx882 on fri and im wondering if anyone who owns one knows where i whould mount my battery charger? Im going to remove the original charger and replace it with my guest 2631 three bank. Its much larger then the original and im not sure where to put it. any ideas ?

Mount it where the original one is. I have a 3 bank in mine and it is under the left rear storage compartment toward the front. The rectptacle is in the small space to the left of the passenger seat back.

Russ

I just got one the large minkota chargers and I mounted it on the port (left) side on the transom and I have not had any problems... The area is plenty thick according to the guy at bps Grapevine

Rick

The reason im changing the charger is the one in the boat is a 2 bank 5 amp per and i already own a three bank 10 amp per from my old boat. The 10 amp will charge much faster and since i fish more then run the starting battery will need a charge too hence the three bank. Sorry but the old charger is already spoken for. I promised it to my father so he can put it in his fish and ski that has no charger.

I have a 3 bank charger mounted right down the center of the boat between the gas tank and motor, what you will need to do is cut a piece of wood and put it over the large drain or what ever you want to call it, you can screw it down and pull it out when you need to acsess that area with little problem. With 4 batteries in the boat there is not alot of room so this is the best place to put it. I plan on taking my boat out of storage sometime in the next 2 weeks, if you would like me to post a pic of it e-mail me I would be glad to help. Rod

Latest posts

Back