Where to mount a 3 bank charger in a 2010 PT 175 TXW

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Beaulieu

Reaction score
Guys, I just found this message board and I think it is outstanding. Lots of great info here.

I'm looking for some ideas on where to put a 3 bank charger in a PT 175TXW. I am converting it to 24v and can just barely fit the 2 group 27s for the trolling motor and 1 group 24 cranking battery next to the tank. I was thinking about putting the charger in the underseat storage area and running the connections into the battery compartment. It looks doable but I was hoping someone already did this or has some other ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure someone here has converted their PT 175 or 190 to 24V.

Thanks again in advance

Mark

Make sure you follow the instructions about free air movement around the charger. Heat (second only to water) is the worst thing for any type electronics.

I've had a XPS three bank. I Always make sure the compartment I have the charger in is open. Also never have it tarped when charging. On reallllly hot days I have a little fan I set in the compartmet. Maybe over cautions but haven't had a spec of problems with it.

Mark, I just installed a charger in my Nitro and a drill motor is always my last resort, so I broke (bent) a piece of 1/8" stainless plate and and mounted the charger to that and drilled the plate so it would fit the mounting bolts for the motor. All the spec's are met for "air space" and its neatly centered between the batteries. Just a thought and idea. (Always use a crooked hook)

Back