What Sunglasses do you recommend?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Simard

Reaction score
I am looking toget a GOOD pair of polarized fishing glasses and am looking for recommendations! I have heard that costa del mar Harpoons are an excellent choice ? does anyone have these or know more about them (good or Not)Thanks in advance -Mike

I think you need to try on several pair to make sure you find the right fit. For quality of lens, Costa Del Mar very good. I just bought a pair of Pescadors in amber glass lens. They are great. Very light and comfortable, and very good optics. I wear Serengeti Drivers for other activities. They are also have very good optics, but the ones that i have are not polarized.

Check these out...I work in the eyeglass industry and these are pretty sweet...You can get them with a prescription also...Look under the sports collection and then the trophy sunglass link...LA
http://www.beloptix.com/

Maui Jim's... Been wearing Typhoons for years, great all around pair of glasses for everyday and fishing..

I also hear Solar Bats are great for fishing, but have yet to locate a local store that sells them. I cant buy glasses unless I can try them on..

To be honest, I like the Bill Dance brand. It's cheap and works well. If I happen to lose a pair, I have spares. I keep extra's in my truck, boat and in the house. Try a pair.

Barry

I needed an emergency pair before leaving for a tournament. I stopped off at Galyan's and bought a pair that cost $14. They are still the best damned glasses I've ever had. I don't remember the brand. But they weren't even in the fishing section.

Ill give amother vote for the Maui Jim's. I have been wearing them for about 4 years now and they are without a doubt the best sunglasses i have used. The thing i like about them the most is the anti glare coating on the inside of the lens that nobody else seems to do. It really cuts down on the reflected glare from all diections, not just directly in front. It really helps cut eye fatigue bigtime.

Back