What do you listen to on the car radio??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK so a work at home guy doesn't get in the car much, but figured this would be a good survey/topic. I'm gonna bet a good 25 % (Staci can do the math on Friday :) are on Satilite and listen to music.

I prefer in this order (when not listening to CDs):

1. Neal Boortz - yes i'm a non-closet Libertarian! Pisses off all my very Liberal Jewish friends! LOL

2. Tie for Rush and Sean H. Both are a bit too Right and religeous for me but make for GREAT entertainment.

3. Clark Howard - The side the wife wants me to be, more fiscally minded

4. Dr. Laura - She's the reason I have a used Saturn, a 2000 Tracker (not a 2005 Avalance with a 175 Opti) but my wife stays home with the kids.

5. Classic Rock!

I'm in the car about 5 or 6 hours a day. I go back and forth from the Sports Animal (sports talk) to NPR. I especially like the Diane Rheem show in the morning and Fresh Air with Teri Gross in the afternoon, both are great interviewers with subjects ranging from political (both sides very balanced) to arts and entertainment. Can not tollerate the ravings of the AWG's (Angry White Guys) or commercial music radio. When all that fails me I carry a good supply of CD's.

Harpo

That all depends on my mood. Sometimes it's the cubs when they're playing.

Then sometimes it's classical music. Very soothing to a musician.

Sometimes Elvis CD's.

Sometimes Iron Maiden CD's.

Sometimes good country music.

Sometimes classic rock.

Sometimes some good old soul music.

It's all good.

If I listen to the radio, it's either talk radio (conservitive) or alternative country/bluegrass.

I usually listen to CD's, Government Mule, Allman Bros., Susan Tedeshi, Lucinda Williams, Scott Miller and the Commen Wealth, Johnny Cash (American Recordings), Loretta Lynn (Vanlear Rose), Ricky Skaggs, Blue Highway, etc.

I changed over to Alternative Country/Bluegrass several years ago. All of the rock, classic rock and country stations around here seem to only play the same artists over and over again and have become so predictable. My oldest son turned me on to our local independent station (www.wdvx.com) and I haven't turned back. Sorry for the rant.

Steve

CD's that I mix from my collection, wide range from local to big time, country to rock. I can't stand morning radio anymore. It was not so bad when it was only 15 mins to work but now that it's 1 hour to much bs not enough music.

BF

Classical! :wub: But you knew that already! :)

Either 99.1 KFUO-FM (the station broadcast from the school MOFish works for) or CD's.

Stern in the am

Jim Rome mid day

And Sirius the rest of the day.(everything from Hard Metal to Country).

The Satellite radio is awesome for road trips(which I usually take every weekend.....LA

Had XM Satellite since December. No more talk shows, news and the like (and no commercials!). I'm only in the car (daily) about 25 minutes total.

The Loft - acoustic rock

America - C&W

The Blend - just a wide blend of a variety of music

60's - Just love turning to nothing but 60's music.

Classic Rock

Also, some jazz/blues on trips to the lake.

Tex

Since I'm only 6 miles from work I usually listen 100.3 country The Beaver . On long trips radio and cd mix.

I download Bob & Tom to my mp3 player and listen to it through my radio on a crappy fm converter. Also listen to Steve Gill and Phil Valentine (Nashville conservative talk shows). Some classic rock also. Hutch

Bob and Tom in the morning.

A baseball game if I can find one

A book on CD. Harry Potter is in there now.

Jazz, blues, rock or classical, depending upon my mood

I absolutely hate talk radio/call in shows of any kind.

Over half the time, the radio is off.

Rich D

Bob and Tom in the morning switching to classical in the classroom. What a mix. Also have some good Rodney Carrington. On trips I have my Jerry Clower Collection.

fatrap

I listen to Opie and Anthony on my XM radio in the morning. After that i either play music on the XM. I listen to just about everything, i like the blues station and the classic rock station, I liek the alternitave station too. Otherwise its MP3 on cd's i got a little of everything in the truck. Currently in my changer Alterbridge, Led Zepplin, Fu Manchu, Ween, Stevie Ray, ZZ top, Hendrix, The animals, and The Who. I like a little bit of everything, i have about 40 cd's full of MP3's in the truck at any given time. I can fit about 6-7 normal cd's on one with using MP3.

Well, I very rarely listen to radio in my truck, but that's because I'm rarely in it. My commute to the office consists of walking out my front door turning right and walking 4 steps then turning right again and walking in the door. But.....I listen to the radio about 75% of the day while I'm at work. For me it is all sports radio...specifically Fox Sports radio. The Extravaganza in the morning, then Jim Rome (the best). Also, I bought the radio broadcast thing from MLB.com this year for $15 so when the Yankees have an afternoon game I listen to that. Also, I guess I should add that when Fox Sports has a local minor league game on I usually switch over to Rush or the Big Show (farm stuff)....

I LOVE talk radio and I'm only 25. I grew up listening to it and I couldn't live without it.

Sports talk radio, rock, country in that order.

Hank, Marshall Tucker,Credence, ZZ Top,,,, Lynyrd Skynyrd........JR

RAP!!!!

I listen to whatever im feeling at the time...any genre or radio/cd...noting particular.

Country...mostly new stuff. I listen to country on both cd's and on the radio.

Im also into Old School Rock:

Metallica....I love their music...some say its screaming......i say its talent....

AC/DC

Van Halen

Motley Cru

Skynard

38 Special

Oh yea...Stern or Bob and Tom....those are my only talk shows i listen to....any others and i turn them off....

Some newer rock:

Nickleback

Linkin Park

BTW....the whole rap thing was just a plot to see who I could get going with that...LOL..I do listen to it but not my favorite....

T.S.

Back