What did I do???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Gas prices are up, the economy is down, and the house needs repairs. So what do I do? Drive my butt 7 hours over to Ohio and back just to look at and take this little beauty home . . .

G3JustHome.jpg

Luckily, I did this yesterday and missed the torrential rains today (just got it in the garage when the rain started last night). :) Unfortuntely, due to work, I won't be able to get out in it for a couple of weeks :angry: Well, at least I MIGHT be able to keep up with folks at the next Not-So-Memorial!! :D:D Guess I have the summer to learn how to run a big bass boat.

Uncle Billy - not to worry, I made sure there was plenty of room for you, as well as a step up to the front deck for later this season! Maybe by the NSM, I can run the thing without killing either of us :lol:

Oh, this also means I'll be selling the Tracker (see Swap/Sell page). At least I'm still in tin! :cool:

I must say jim, that has to be on of the best best looking boats i have seen in a long time, and yes with a little setup work you will more that keep up with the glass boys at the not so memeorial tournament, and maybe sooner if you ever get on the river to play.

mike c

what size trolling motor has it got?

it should look familiar toxic, just a different color.

but it sure is purdy.

mike c

Hey Tox - been looking around for a while for a nice used boat that would be an upgrade in size and motor from the PT175. Saw this ad while doing a random search for high performance tin boats. Its a 2003 G3 HP180 with a 2003 150hp Yamaha (2-stroke) that was traded in to a dealer in Hebron Ohio in mid-March. The original owner thought it was too big and too fast so he traded it in for a smaller set up.

Although the price was attractive, I kept hemming and hawing until my wife sat me down and asked whether it was the type of boat I really wanted. After hearing my answer, she gave me the lecture about life being short and only going around once, etc. etc. So I got it! What a gal!!

A big THANKS goes to Mike C. as I pinged him offline for advice and he was great about telling me to look for and what to watch out for. All the major stuff checked out (including the little tabs on the transom to minimize chine walking - a G3 fix) and the test ride on Buckeye lake went well (and fast!). Of course, it's not perfect as it is used. The batteries probably need replacing and the trolling motor is weak (53 lb Motorguide), but all that stuff is fixable and/or replaceable (and helped to knock some bucks off the asking price!). Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped!

Mike - it will be interesting to compare the two rigs, especially since you have the jackplate, hotfoot and trim on the wheel. You're right in that I'll probably have to work on adding those things bit by bit. First, I'll have to see about that trolling motor!

Great looking boat Jim. Hot Foot and trim on the wheel would be my first add ons. It will make learning to drive your new boat alot easier.

Bruce

Hey, great looking boat Jim C.! Man, that's exciting and sounds like you got yourself a great woman! Hats off to her. Here's to hookin' up on your first outing, good luck and congrats.

Jim

congrats... glad you stayed sane and stayed in "tin"... Quite a few friends have G-3 rigs, popular Deep-V walleye boats. Everyone says hey are happy with the boats... that's a good sign.:D

Great looking rig!

......and I wish I could keep my garage as neat as yours :)

Nice ride jim,

and yes Its the exact boat i have, so i can help jim learn to drive it, this boat loves trim, the more you give it the more she wants.

hope to see you on the water soon jim.

mike c

Jim - WOW OH WOW!! a 150hp Tin MACHINE!!! Enjoy my friend and boat safe!

Trep

WooooHoooo Jim!!!:cool: My friend, you sure are good at keeping a secret.:) That's a great looking boat and I can't wait to get out on it with you. You'll be locked into this baby by this years NSM.:lol: I'll have to bring Nancy by more this coming summer so she can hang with your wife:p Anyway way to go Jim and I'm antsy to go out with you..

Uncle Billy

Thanks all for the feedback. I'm pretty stoked! Hard part is concentrating at work when I'd rather be running and fishing!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the board link Greg! Not much out there so its good to talk to other real owners.

Uncle Billy - just say when!! Turns out my business trip late this week got postponed, so I'm heading down to do some rigging and test running this weekend.

Jim

&*()(^%##^*$**&% Jim!!!! I have a wedding to go to this week-end so that's it for me. It's a girl Nancy works with and I have never even met.:huh: But I have to suck it in and do my duty this once.:rolleyes: Be careful and tell me how everything goes..

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back