what color decals

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim nocera

Reaction score
i am ready to order a custom set of identification numbers for my pt175 special edition(red one) any ideas i was thnking black with a white outline

thanks tim

Chech your local regulations.Some states are picky about what color and size.

Ones that fade from red at the top into white in the middle and blue on the bottom would look nice.

Steve

i live in pa, but can't find any specifics on the decals, just size

go to a place that sells jet ski's/snowmobiles, quads, etc.....they should have pre-packaged number/lettering kits (Hardline is one brand name) in a whole variety of color combo's!! They cost @ $20 maybe and they're perfect for what you're looking for!!

decals here in Pa must be 3" block lettering and contrasting color to the hull,

in other words they have to be able to be seen.

my boat is white with a blue stripe where the letters are,so i had the local sign/graphic artist make up a set of red and green ones on a white outline background.looks good and able to be seen.

rightdone.jpg

Coast guard regs say that they need to be 3" tall and a contrasting color to the hull. I believe these regs apply to freshwater too. I would wo with white because they are easy to get and easily seen on a red background.

As long as they are at least 3" and contrast where you can see it good from a distance...you'll be fine. If you have an aluminum unpainted hull...black shows best.

Tim,

Pa rules are 3" BLOCK style and as straight as possible. In a contrasting color.

Owning a sign shop...we have done well over 100 boat numbers if not alot more and have never had an issue. We stick to the 3" (normally more) and contrasting color, but rarely block style.

As long as its readable it good...

Back